NHL Stanley Cup: Bruins vs. Canucks

Way to go NHL. Set the precedent by letting a Burrows play and he scores the game winning goal. Hope you are proud of the players you allow to play in your league. Can't wait to see what you do in the future when biting appears on camera.

Comparing Horton to Burrows is ridiculous too, spraying water on a fan is not the same as biting another players finger. If anyone should be suspended in the Tampa Bay incident its whoever is in charge of promotions that gave your fans 20,000 projectiles to throw on the ice at the end of the game. Tampa Bay is lucky that no players were hurt.

Way to go NHL. Set the precedent by letting a Burrows play and he scores the game winning goal. Hope you are proud of the players you allow to play in your league. Can't wait to see what you do in the future when biting appears on camera.

Comparing Horton to Burrows is ridiculous too, spraying water on a fan is not the same as biting another players finger. If anyone should be suspended in the Tampa Bay incident its whoever is in charge of promotions that gave your fans 20,000 projectiles to throw on the ice at the end of the game. Tampa Bay is lucky that no players were hurt.

I compare to the likes of say..hmm. Sticking up your middle finger, and then saying it was an equipment problem. No suspension there either, just a fine.

I compare to the likes of say..hmm. Sticking up your middle finger, and then saying it was an equipment problem. No suspension there either, just a fine.

Wait....Let me get this straight. You think giving the crowd the finger is the same as intentionally biting another players finger??? Don't be a bitter Canadiens fan for a minute and just think about your statement.

Wait....Let me get this straight. You think giving the crowd the finger is the same as intentionally biting another players finger??? Don't be a bitter Canadiens fan for a minute and just think about your statement.

He bit down on the glove that was in his face. Was it right, no, but the NHL decided that it's not suspension worthy, so it's over. There's no way that his finger was bit considering how thick (and leather at that) those gloves are.

I think they are both unsportsmanlike. I am not a bitter fan at all. I hope the best team wins! I stated that already.

Well, how did the finger get in his mouth? Did Burrows grab it & bite it or did the other guy have his hand on Burrows? It's funny, you're not hearing any of the Boston players complaining about this, just their fans.

Face washing happens dozens of times during a game, so players fingers are near each others mouths more than you think. Rarely does a player bite another player. This was the third instance this season. One instance the player was not disciplined because it happened off camera and it couldn't be proven. The other instance a player was suspended 2 games because they had replay of it. This time they had a video of it, but no discipline was given because its the Stanley Cup. Thats not being a consistent organization. The NHL is terrible at handing out discipline, plain and simple.

Oh, almost forgot. Burrows can be seen holding onto Bergerons hand while he bit him, so yes he did grab and hold it.

Well, how did the finger get in his mouth? Did Burrows grab it & bite it or did the other guy have his hand on Burrows? It's funny, you're not hearing any of the Boston players complaining about this, just their fans.

Bruins coach Claude Julien afterward called it “classless” and even the mild-mannered Bergeron was upset by the move. While many called for Burrows to be suspended, the NHL decided not to discipline him and he ended up haunting the Bruins in Game 2.

And here is ex-Bruin player and coach Mike Milbury:

"If I had known in the late ‘70s that it was okay to pig out on human flesh, I would have eaten Guy Lafleur," Milbury said before the game. "This is a disgraceful call by the league…this guy should have been suspended. They’re impacting this series by a non-call. It was not very courageous."

And when Max Lapierre taunted Bergeron about the biting incident, Milbury really lost it.

Crushing game on Saturday night. Just crushing.

The B's need to come back tonight. We as fans have to back our team. If 18,000 rowdy Irish and Italian fans can't get up for this game tonight, than we don't deserve to have the Stanley Cup here.

On a side note, I hope the unconfirmed rumors are true and Shawn Thornton will be lacing them up tonight. The roof will come off the 1st time he touches the ice.

Anyone hear that? It's the sound of the Canucks going up 3-0 tonight.

Go Canucks! Lord Stanley has been longing to go home for far too long. :thumbsup2

8 - 1
Where did that come from?
I was ready to scream when the B's couldn't score on a 5 minute major (hope Horton is ok and it was all just precautionary).
Thornton had a huge impact imo. Loved the 2 short handed goals and loved how Timmy played tonight.
Let's hope the Bruins have more goals left in the tank for the rest of the series and didn't use them all up tonight.

Way to go B's! So proud of all of you. Nathan scared the heck out of me when it happened:scared1:hope he is doing better.

Keep it up my boys - I know you can do this

First and foremost, here's to hoping Nathan Horton has a speedy recovery.

That being said, last night's game was incredible. More goals scored in last 2 periods than had been scored in the previous 2 games. But the best part was that thanks to the 2 short-handed goals, Vancouver is now -1 on their power play.

2nd best, was Thomas tired of being run on, decided to not let H. Sedin have his way in front of the net.

An incredible game. But for the love of God, would someone please teach Seidenberg how to fight.

Horton's out the rest of the payoffs with a severe concussion (no surprise there) and looks like Sequin will be in the lineup for tomorrow's game. Go get um Tyler! This is your time to shine:cheer2:

I am not a fan of Nathan Horton but you hate to see that happen to anyone. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

That being said....

Go Nucks lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter