• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NFL Playoffs

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

• Denver Broncos

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • Kansas City Chief

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Carolina Panthers

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Arizona Cardinals

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 10 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love this Superbowl. As a Browns fan it's pretty obvious I don't have a horse in this race (Imagine that). :goodvibes But I'm looking forward to this game with my two least favorite teams now eliminated; the Steelers and the Patriots.

2 QBs that used to be the best who are now a fraction of what they used to be (particularly Manning). This was all about the #1 defense taking over the game. The Patriots don't have the #1 offense ... they only had the 4th best offense among the 12 playoff teams.

As far as the SB, Carolina is going to embarrass Denver - and they would have humiliated New England. They have a team setup the way football should actually be played - hard-nosed defense and a strong running game that you pound right down the throat of the defense. There is no AFC team that is constructed to compete well with Carolina.

I think you are SERIOUSLY underestimating Belichick...I can't put it any simpler than that. Not saying Carolina would get beat, but he can put a game plan together better than anyone.

Now, you might say -then what happened in the Denver game. Some things can't be explained ...Gostkowski misses his first extra point in 5xx games, Belichick chooses to take the ball after winning the toss(which could be explained, but he rarely does it), there were absolutely no adjustments to the offensive in response to the Denver rush after halftime(which to me is a glaring question mark).

Maybe it was because they want to prove themselves by playing the BEST team in the AFC, not second best?

As long as CAR can keep Scam calm, they stand a good chance of winning. I'll be cheering for both teams, with a bias towards DEN.

I doubt it!!!

Of course you would.

Yes ...I'm not blind to obvious truths. You have every right to see things the way you like, but if you think you're going to convince me they were excited that Denver beat New England because they wanted to play the better team -that's not going to happen.

I think you are SERIOUSLY underestimating Belichick...I can't put it any simpler than that. Not saying Carolina would get beat, but he can put a game plan together better than anyone.

Now, you might say -then what happened in the Denver game. Some things can't be explained ...Gostkowski misses his first extra point in 5xx games, Belichick chooses to take the ball after winning the toss(which could be explained, but he rarely does it), there were absolutely no adjustments to the offensive in response to the Denver rush after halftime(which to me is a glaring question mark).
Don't forget that Brady hit the ground more times than any QB since 2006. :crutches:

Denver was the #1 seed and beat the Pats twice this season. The standings speak for themselves.

But Broncos do have a slight advantage when they play at home. There were hardly any Pats jerseys in the crowd (Denver ticket holders were adamant that nobody sell their tickets to away fans) so it was loud and it rattled Brady. We also have a definite lack of oxygen in our air. The scoreboard was reminding the teams throughout the game that altitude sickness is real. Coming out of the visitors locker room is a huge mural that reminds the visiting team that they are 5280 feet above sea level :goodvibes

Last edited:
You mean the SB when the #1 offensive went up against the #1 defensive team and dominated them?

Oh wait....

Except this is a case where the actual best defense is up for debate. Denver is #1 and Carolina is #6 - but that is based on total yards. When you look at both defenses, it's not clear one is better than the other.

What we do know from 2 years ago is that Manning (a much better Manning from 2 years ago) can get completely flustered and shut down by a swarming defense.

Except this is a case where the actual best defense is up for debate. Denver is #1 and Carolina is #6 - but that is based on total yards. When you look at both defenses, it's not clear one is better than the other.

Yes... it's clear.

BTW... Defensive stats get skewed on teams with great offensives. Big difference playing defense on a team that always has the lead and rarely gets put in bad situations.

What we do know from 2 years ago is that Manning (a much better Manning from 2 years ago) can get completely flustered and shut down by a swarming defense.

Denver not only had the best offensive that year.... it had an offensive that statistically might have been one of the best of all time.

Yes... Manning got shut down. As did most teams Seattle played that year. That's what great defensive do.

Just like you I wasn't a believer either until I saw what a great defense could do to a great offensive. I am now. I don't expect you become a believer until 2 weeks from now.

Right ...they're happier that the Patriots lost than they are their team won. Speaks volumes for Patriots.

You think it's easy being a Patriots fan with all the winning they've done the last 14 years?

Uh, prior to last year the Pats hadn't won a Super Bowl in almost a decade. Nobody's shocked when they have a good year, but nobody's shocked when they come up short, either. It isn't 2005 anymore.

Just like you I wasn't a believer either until I saw what a great defense could do to a great offensive. I am now. I don't expect you become a believer until 2 weeks from now.

That's not "just like me" at all. I'm already a believer in defense - always have been - and didn't need the Super Bowl 2 years ago to convince me. Where we apparently disagree is the caliber of Carolina's defense. They held the #1 offense to 15 points last week and they'll easily shut down the #16 offense (#19 in scoring) in 2 weeks.

In other words, I'm not counting on the Panthers offense blowing away the great Denver defense - I'm saying they won't have to.

Don't really have skin in the game, but will stick to the NFC team.

Go PANTHERS!!!!!

I feel like the Panthers will win it but I am hoping Denver can pull off the upset. Almost Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Scam Newton lose. And the reason is simple. He played for auburn. I'm a Bama fan. Big time.

I was at the Panthers game. It was great. They showed the AFC game on the tvs in the stadium. It seemed like the vast majority of our fans were pulling for the Broncos over the Pats.

I'm tired and hoarse today. It was an awesome experience.

I wonder why? I mean, with Manning being the better QB and all.

Maybe it was because they want to prove themselves by playing the BEST team in the AFC, not second best?

As long as CAR can keep Scam calm, they stand a good chance of winning. I'll be cheering for both teams, with a bias towards DEN.

I doubt it!!!

Of course you would.

Yes ...I'm not blind to obvious truths. You have every right to see things the way you like, but if you think you're going to convince me they were excited that Denver beat New England because they wanted to play the better team -that's not going to happen.

Actually, you are, and because of that you will never be convinced otherwise.

My thoughts, as with most fans, they would prefer their team play the weaker team (even if its only a perceived weaker team). Just the same that I, and many other Patriots fans wanted to see the Steelers win two weeks ago vs Denver. Of course we would have rather seen them play a beat up Steelers Team over a strengthening Bronco's team. They (Bronco's) were on the mend, just like the Patriots were. The Steelers had just lost its best receiver and their QB was banged up with season long shoulder injuries, one as recent as the week before. I can only speculate that the majority of Panther fans rooting for Denver was for similar reasons. They would rather have an "easier" game. Just my opinion.

I think the Panthers have a good shot, they are playing some darn good football of late.

Manning isnt what he used to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter