NFL Playoffs Onboard?

WDW Princess 71

DIS Veteran
We will be on the Wonder this Sunday 1/11. I was wondering, for those of you who've cruised in playoff season, do they put the games on for viewing anywhere onboard? My Eagles are on Sunday at 12:00 PM I believe. Any chance the game will be on the big screen over the Goofy pool? Or anywhere else? I won't be crushed if they aren't on, but it would definitely be a plus if they are!

We will be on the Wonder this Sunday 1/11. I was wondering, for those of you who've cruised in playoff season, do they put the games on for viewing anywhere onboard? My Eagles are on Sunday at 12:00 PM I believe. Any chance the game will be on the big screen over the Goofy pool? Or anywhere else? I won't be crushed if they aren't on, but it would definitely be a plus if they are!
I doubt they will have it on the big screen as that might interfere with the Sailaway Party (game starts at 1pm I believe). You should be able to catch it in Diversions however. That said....Go Giants! :)

when the eagles played new orleans (2yrs ago?) we watched on the big screen up top. I was on in the rooms as well.

We are gonna be on the Magic sunday in key west...will be lookin for a good "eagle friendly" place to watch...go birds

......it takes a LOT to say this but after a long discussion with people at my job, the majority opinion (including mine) is that of.......GO EAGLES!!:jumping1:

Now..with THAT SAID........ tho I do have to agree with Posting #2 that I don't feel that the game will be shown on tv by the Goofy Pool due to onboard activities slated for that day.
But yes, I do feel the games will be shown in Diversions or other places that have a tv.

Well, I'm not on the ship but:
117268f1b7325a34eb082b75844ad26c25a.gif

Don't forget to wear your team jersey to Diversions.....they also have good snacks, hot dogs, nachos, cheese, ets. good place to watch the game..

Big screen TVs in Diversions for sure. I would doubt that it would be on the Dumbotron.

If I was on the ship I'd be saying GO Giants!, I wish I could watch a football game on the ship, oh well basketball will have to do:cool1:

Okay, I'm not really an NFL fan and definintely don't have a favorite team. But.......I guess I have to be true to my hometeam and root for the Eagles, because if they win and Arizona wins, the NFC Championship will be here in Arizona! Go Cardinals!! Go Eagles!!!

It's been a few years since I was on DCL during playoffs, however at that time only sports games broadcast on ABC or ESPN (Disney affiliates) were shown on the ship. In other words ESPN updates only. (that was back when ESPN lounge was in the stack). Hope that policy has changed...:happytv:

The games will be on in Diversions.
if it is a night game, then it will be on the Jumbotron.

take all your jerseys and get a family pic in them. :) that was our Xmas card last year!

Keep in mind, if the game goes long, the "muster drill" is usually at 4PM and everything will probably be turned off a couple of minutes prior to that. They don't want anyone hiding out when they should be on deck.

FYI - we were on the Magic during the baseball playoffs and got to see our Phillies games!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter