• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NFL on board

seanieboy

Earning My Ears
We are sailing on the final alaskan trip of the season during the first week of the NFL season (Sept 1-8). Has anyone sailed during this time? Is there anywhere on board that shows the games? I know that sports are subject to the ship being able to receive the signal but im a huge Packers fan and they play the first game of the season on the Thursday night of our cruise (4th night i think). Thanks for the input!

We are sailing on the final alaskan trip of the season during the first week of the NFL season (Sept 1-8). Has anyone sailed during this time? Is there anywhere on board that shows the games? I know that sports are subject to the ship being able to receive the signal but im a huge Packers fan and they play the first game of the season on the Thursday night of our cruise (4th night i think). Thanks for the input!

They should show the game on the big screen as well as in your stateroom and Diversions. This is all subject to the signal being received of course.

If the game is on ABC or ESPN, then it will almost certainly be on the ship (assuming they can get the satellite signal, of course) as Disney owns those two networks. Games on other networks are hit and miss.

Since it's the first game of the season I'd say it's highly likely they will schedule it. As you said, subject to satellite availability.

I would suggest forgetting about football for that week because what happens to the Packers in Seattle that game is not going to be pretty and might ruin your whole vacation! You might be able to guess I'm a Seahawks fan and will be sitting in the stadium for the game. I'm just joking with the cockiness, Packer fans are my favorite fan base that comes into the Clink. Have a great cruise and hopefully you will get to see the game! To quote my favorite QB from the U of Wisconsin, "Go Hawks"!

We will be on the Wonder when the Saints (WHO DAT!!) play the Cowboys (my husband's team)!

I would suggest forgetting about football for that week because what happens to the Packers in Seattle that game is not going to be pretty and might ruin your whole vacation! You might be able to guess I'm a Seahawks fan and will be sitting in the stadium for the game. I'm just joking with the cockiness, Packer fans are my favorite fan base that comes into the Clink. Have a great cruise and hopefully you will get to see the game! To quote my favorite QB from the U of Wisconsin, "Go Hawks"!

Number 12 is gonna discount double check all over that overpaid secondary. No replacement refs for this one! I always love a good back and forth with the Seahawks fans...can't deny their talent but not sure if Lynch is gonna be the same after like a 1,000 carries over the past 3 seasons.

Thanks everyone for the input. Only 55 more days till we set sail on our second Disney cruise!!!

I love a little football smack talk; interesting user name considering Peppers will probably sack Wilson 3 times that game :rolleyes1

Considering I am a Dolphins fan :crazy2::headache: living in Panther country, I always liked Julius Peppers.....and Ill be watching this game purely for my fantasy team, so I have no dog in the fight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter