NextGen/xPass Making the News Again

Did you guys read the part about ORDERING YOUR FOOD IN ADVANCE!!

Seriously, its hard enough to get my two year old not to change his mind about what he wants to eat between the time that I order and we sit down at the table. Am I honestly going to have to put my Pecos Bill order in 6 months prior to my trip! :eek: Shoot me now! :headache::rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Nana and I are rolling right now to this! I feel your pain...I FEEL YOUR PAIN! :faint::crazy2:

Hopefully, the food ordering part will just be something you can do from an iPad or smart phone. Near the front of the line for Splash (or using your FP that you reserved 6 months ago :rolleyes1)? You can enter your Pecos Bill order on your device, and when you get there in 15 minutes or whatever, it's ready.

yeh and then when I get caught on a ride or my 3 yo has to go potty and the line is long or the same kid throws a fit because I wouldn't stop in the store to see the Mickey stuffy cuz my Pecos food is on the counter or I....ok you get it hehe, then when I FINALLY get to Pecos 30 minutes late and the food is cold and ice cream melted I'm gonna CRY! :rotfl2:

What I would find much more interesting is to see banks of Fastpass machines in each section of the park where you could see FP return times for each FP attraction through out the park. You select which attraction you want a FP for, and get it right there.

Find yourself in Frontierland and finishing up the attractions in that area before having lunch? Hit the FP machines to see if there is a reasonable return time for Space Mountain. If so, run your ticket through and grab a fast pass that you can use in a hour and a half. Hit Splash Mountain once more, grab lunch at Pecos Bill, and then head to Tomorrowland to use your FP.

That would help reduce the park criss-crossing that must be done now with the enforced return times.

I definitely like that idea, too. Maybe it would also cut down on people going to stand in stand-by and then having the line jumper come over after running across the park for the group's FPs!

I'll make my skepticism very clear:

If they take away anything from the way things work now, FP or Standby, I'm calling that a negative.

And, I must point out, they have already arbitrarily taken away a perk that was used -and worked very well- for over a decade... after-window, same-day FP.

No matter what, they're starting at a deficit of convenience to many long-time guests.

::yes::

But we DON'T know if they are going to just use some of the Fastpass pool yet. They might. They might not. Or they might, but put more in the pool, which necessarily takes slots away from the standby line, which makes it longer (of course, there are some self-limiting factors on the standby line, as some won't get in the line if the wait is too long, etc.)

We also don't know that they aren't. Why get so upset about it and wring your hands over something that may not come to fruition? I'm sure they're doing research and focus groups (or have already done) and they'll do what's best for the company regardless of what some people want. And we can't know exactly what that is until they actually put it into practice. Speculation is fine when it's fun and lighthearted, not so much when it's angsty and negative.

We also don't know that they aren't. Why get so upset about it and wring your hands over something that may not come to fruition? I'm sure they're doing research and focus groups (or have already done) and they'll do what's best for the company regardless of what some people want. And we can't know exactly what that is until they actually put it into practice. Speculation is fine when it's fun and lighthearted, not so much when it's angsty and negative.

I'm not upset about it. I was just responding to your question as to how the standby lines would be longer. Your example was only one possibility, and there are several more, most of which are going to affect the standby line.

What I would find much more interesting is to see banks of Fastpass machines in each section of the park where you could see FP return times for each FP attraction through out the park. You select which attraction you want a FP for, and get it right there.

Find yourself in Frontierland and finishing up the attractions in that area before having lunch? Hit the FP machines to see if there is a reasonable return time for Space Mountain. If so, run your ticket through and grab a fast pass that you can use in a hour and a half. Hit Splash Mountain once more, grab lunch at Pecos Bill, and then head to Tomorrowland to use your FP.

That would help reduce the park criss-crossing that must be done now with the enforced return times.

Oooh, I like this idea. Unfortunately I doubt it will ever happen.

I'll make my skepticism very clear:

If they take away anything from the way things work now, FP or Standby, I'm calling that a negative.

And, I must point out, they have already arbitrarily taken away a perk that was used -and worked very well- for over a decade... after-window, same-day FP.

No matter what, they're starting at a deficit of convenience to many long-time guests.

I'll admit that we regularly use(ed) the late return times to our advantage.

However, I don't necessarily think that something effecting FP or Standby would automatically be a negative. If they are taking the xPasses from the existing FP pool (assuming that it is a relatively small number like say 10%) then while it would effect the number of FPs available, many of the people getting the xPasses would be those that would have been grabbing fast passes anyway. So essentially no change there. And that would also leave the standby queue essentially untouched. If on the other hand they decide to add the xPasses in addition to the existing FPs, then they would be effectively making BOTH lines longer. The FP line because now more people will be going through it. And even though some people would be using the xPass rather than going through the standby line, the standby line will still be longer because some of those xPassers will do a return trip through the standby line.

OPINIONS??? You do NOT want to hear mine as i cant keep the profanity and hatred toward this to a minimum....... :scared:

http://www.****************.com/fea...alt-disney-worlds-xpass-xceptionally-bad-idea

OPINIONS??? You do NOT want to hear mine as i cant keep the profanity and hatred toward this to a minimum....... :scared:

http://www.****************.com/fea...alt-disney-worlds-xpass-xceptionally-bad-idea

Well, it was just a matter of time:lmao::rolleyes1

However, I don't necessarily think that something effecting FP or Standby would automatically be a negative.

If they are taking the xPasses from the existing FP pool

1- (assuming that it is a relatively small number like say 10%) then while it would effect the number of FPs available, many of the people getting the xPasses would be those that would have been grabbing fast passes anyway. So essentially no change there.
And that would also leave the standby queue essentially untouched.

2- If on the other hand they decide to add the xPasses in addition to the existing FPs, then they would be effectively making BOTH lines longer.

1- 10%? Sorry, but that would just not be possible. There could not possibly be enough FP positions
available if they don't take most of the current FP's away.

For them to actually offer X-whatever, they will need to make availalbe literally thousands of FP's per day, every day, at every park.
(They can't increase ride capacity... they can only regulate how many of those ride positions are taken up with FP.)

2- Agreed.

1- 10%? Sorry, but that would just not be possible. There could not possibly be enough FP positions
available if they don't take most of the current FP's away.

For them to actually offer X-whatever, they will need to make availalbe literally thousands of FP's per day, every day, at every park.
(They can't increase ride capacity... they can only regulate how many of those ride positions are taken up with FP.)

2- Agreed.

:thumbsup2

These rumors are from December. Nothing new has came forward since....

Actually today offered more news, and Jim Hill changed some of his predictions about it.

That's what started the other thread.

It said in the link that it would be for guests at Deluxe resorts. What about DVC owners?

Mary

It said in the link that it would be for guests at Deluxe resorts. What about DVC owners?

I wouldn't worry too much about what was said at that link
regarding who can play, and how.

Too many unknowns at this point.

foxnews had an article on it today saying it would be free as posted in another thread

"Visitors planning their trip would go on the xPASS website and use the free service which allows you to reserve experiences, including ride times, exclusive meet-and-greets with Disney characters, even viewing spots for the nightly fireworks. The xPASS system would also help to avoid lines at restaurants by ordering food in advance."

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2012/04/18/whole-new-world-for-whole-new-disney/

as a florida resident i'm not a big fan of a system that allows people to book months ahead of time, usually when i go to disney its on a whim very rarely is it planned more than a week or two in advance, so like ADR's these will all be taken at the 180 mark leaving people like us left out from this perk.

foxnews had an article on it today saying it would be free as posted in another thread

"Visitors planning their trip would go on the xPASS website and use the free service which allows you to reserve experiences, including ride times, exclusive meet-and-greets with Disney characters, even viewing spots for the nightly fireworks. The xPASS system would also help to avoid lines at restaurants by ordering food in advance."

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2012/04/18/whole-new-world-for-whole-new-disney/

hmmmmmmm... i really dont care to plan when to ride an attraction. this move imo is pathetic and goes against EVERYTHING Walt envisioned. Want to control crowds? BUILD MORE ATTRACTIONS and stop building resorts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter