Next trip is November 2015' who's going us?

Or...maybe I'll get lucky and get some amazing PIN code in the mail in the next couple of months! LOL! I haven't gotten a PIN code since I moved 3 years ago, at least not that I can remember. I updated my Disney account when we moved but nothing recently...maybe 2015 will be the year!

We are there 11/6-11/9, not sure where we're staying yet but will book soon since it's Wine and Dine Half weekend.

Last edited:
Booked WL for 11/14 - 11/21. I'm so excited, this is our first time staying at WL and deluxe. We usually stay at Pop but my parent's are having a hard time with the small beds so they're quite excited to upsize to a Queen. I'm really hoping for free dining now so we can try a lot more tables service places around the parks.

Can anyone tell me thoughts on the week After thanksgiving, like starting the 30th. It looks like it was out of free dining last year, but what about room discount that week? Thinking that is a pretty slow week and there should be something. Am I wrong about it being a slower week? Would it be better to wait until the following week in December?

Count us in! We are planning 11/14-11/21. We took are first family trip to Disney last May and now we are hooked! We are hoping to rent points again this year, if not we will probably stay at POFQ. Can't wait!

Can anyone tell me thoughts on the week After thanksgiving, like starting the 30th. It looks like it was out of free dining last year, but what about room discount that week? Thinking that is a pretty slow week and there should be something. Am I wrong about it being a slower week? Would it be better to wait until the following week in December?

It used to be slow!!! Definitely busier now than years past. Especially with the new fast pass system, if you didn't have a FP, you were waiting on decent sized lines. There were discounts. For some reason a lot of hotels were selling out fast so they seemed limited. No free dining that week the past couple years. Hopefully it will be better this year!

Count us in. We are booked at POR starting Nov 21 for 2 weeks!!!! This will be our first trip during the Holiday Season. So excited to see all the decorations!

I think discounts for November usually are released around July.

My first Holiday trip as well, November 18th to the 28th. I'm a tad bit worried about the crowds but it won't stop me from having a great time! I'm super excited about the Christmas Decorations as well!

We are planning on Nov 19-27 at CSR business class. We went over the same time period in 2013 and LOVED spending Thanksgiving at WDW!!! The holiday decorations at the parks and resorts are beautiful, and the crowds were very light all the way up until Thanksgiving Day. We all can't wait to go back!

We managed to snag free dining last year by checking in on the last day of the promotion, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll be able to do the same thing this year... I'm willing to change resorts, if necessary, to make that happen.

I think FD was available for Nov dates in early May last year, so I'm hopeful that timing will be similar for 2015; that way it would still happen well before the 180-day window opens up for ADRs!!!

Sooooooooo excited!!!! :)

So, you found the crowds to be light, right up until Thanksgiving day? Where did you eat for Thanksgiving and how was MK that day?

So, you found the crowds to be light, right up until Thanksgiving day? Where did you eat for Thanksgiving and how was MK that day?

We were there 11/20 through 28 in 2014. I thought the crowds were fine. The night before Thankgiving MK was empty and we walked on everything, (not 7DMT) but then again, it was around 40 degrees!!!

We ate at Trail's End which was okay but a little disappointing because they took away things from the regular menu that we like. The salad bar was almost nonexistent, no grilled chicken, no chili, no pizza. The turkey and ham were good and they added traditional desserts. No complaints, just that we go there every trip so we missed some of our faves, especially DS who is limited in his food choices. Trail's End usually has the best choice for him.

We are going again this year and plan to leave for home Thanksgiving afternoon. We are going to try the Captain's Grille Thanksgiving brunch since we love breakfast there and this way, we'll get the best of both worlds. Definitely no parks that day except Epcot. It can handle a ton of crowds, we may very well do a last World Showcase visit that day to do some shopping.

Yes, they were very manageable right up until the holiday. However... Thanksgiving Day the MK was PACKED!!! We had an 8:30 am breakfast reservation at CRT, though, and got to the park early enough that we were able to do a bunch of rides before the crowds were too thick for us to enjoy ourselves anymore. I think we finally gave up and got out of there by around 11 a.m. But we took the boat to the Polynesian and had a relaxing outdoor lunch at Captain Cook's, then took the monorail to the GF to see the life-sized gingerbread house... It was a lovely afternoon because EVERYONE was at the parks, so the resorts were totally empty. It was wonderful!!!

We are booked for Nov 12-18th and HOPING for Free Dining or a pin code. Complete newbie here so not sure I have a chance at a pin code, but one can dream :)

Yes, they were very manageable right up until the holiday. However... Thanksgiving Day the MK was PACKED!!! We had an 8:30 am breakfast reservation at CRT, though, and got to the park early enough that we were able to do a bunch of rides before the crowds were too thick for us to enjoy ourselves anymore. I think we finally gave up and got out of there by around 11 a.m. But we took the boat to the Polynesian and had a relaxing outdoor lunch at Captain Cook's, then took the monorail to the GF to see the life-sized gingerbread house... It was a lovely afternoon because EVERYONE was at the parks, so the resorts were totally empty. It was wonderful!!!

Oh, okay, I heard that from a couple other people as well. My daughter said, no MK on Thanksgiving day. I like your idea about going to see the gingerbread houses. Where did you eat your Thanksgiving dinner? We were thinking Ohana or Cape Mae Café. Any other suggestions?

We are booked for Nov 12-18th and HOPING for Free Dining or a pin code. Complete newbie here so not sure I have a chance at a pin code, but one can dream :)

We are going from Nov. 18 to 28th. My daughter is waiting for free dining as well! We looked at the offer dates from the prior years (for November) and it looks like Nov. 19th is typically the last day for the free dining offer. As long as you book within the dates offered, you will have the free dining for your entire stay, even if you go out past the 19th. Someone in here just got a pin code for the summer months and I didn't think it was that great. The offer was 30 percent off deluxe resort rooms and free hopper upgrade if you book 5 days or more. The one good thing about the pin is it lets you book early, ahead of the announcement dates for the typical offers of 30 percent off room rates. This is good...if you prefer to take that offer over free dining because you don't have to wait for the typical offer to book:D. Sorry it seems so complicated. Welcome to the Boards! :daisy:

We are going from Nov. 18 to 28th. My daughter is waiting for free dining as well! We looked at the offer dates from the prior years (for November) and it looks like Nov. 19th is typically the last day for the free dining offer. As long as you book within the dates offered, you will have the free dining for your entire stay, even if you go out past the 19th. Someone in here just got a pin code for the summer months and I didn't think it was that great. The offer was 30 percent off deluxe resort rooms and free hopper upgrade if you book 5 days or more. The one good thing about the pin is it lets you book early, ahead of the announcement dates for the typical offers of 30 percent off room rates. This is good...if you prefer to take that offer over free dining because you don't have to wait for the typical offer to book:D. Sorry it seems so complicated. Welcome to the Boards! :daisy:

Thanks for the warm welcome. Now we wait! hahahha.

Just booked a room at Beach Club from Nov 2-Nov 7! We're excited to do Food and Wine for the first time, and on the morning of the 7th I'm running the 5k. I'm happy to have the room booked, I've been going back and forth over where we'd be staying so it's nice to have it all set, and Beach Club was our top choice.

I need help with deciding on dates. Which dates would you choose? Im looking for light crowds and christmas decorations especially the gingerbread houses at the resorts.

Dates were trying to choose from:
November 11-21 or
November 14-25

Right now we are booked the 20-29, because I can not take my older kids ( they will be in 5th and 8th grade) out of school. However, I can take time off of work and my 8 year old son can miss a few days, so I am going to add a couple nights on, if free dining gets added. The expense of 2 extra nights for us will pale in comparison to free dining for our now 4 "adults", 1 child family; not to mention some 1 on 1 time with my baby

Last edited:
So my current plan is to sign up for a Disney Visa card on April 1st, hopefully get it in the mail within two weeks, and have it raring to go if/when free dining offers start popping up at the end of April or beginning of May.

We are going Nov 10-21. Can't wait!! Really hoping for a room offer over free dining since we are staying at Grand Floridian most of the time!

Nov 10- one night AoA little mermaid ro (we were able to get cheaper flights this day)
Nov 11-19- Grand Floridian!! First monorail stay..super pumped!!1
Nov 19-21 - Beach Club club level soley to go "home" and swim!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter