Next person to complain about the heat.....

Well i still have 2 weeks before I go, so can't even stress about inaccurate the 10 day forecast will be.

I live in Alabama, so I'm used to hot, humid weather, but last week at WDW was brutal. There was no escaping the heat! We even tried our normal routine: be there for rope drop, eat lunch, head back to the room, and go back out after sundown. Even that didn't work! We were soaked even during MNSSHP.

Thank goodness we're DVC members, so we didn't mind going back to the resort and spending a lot of time in the pool. Otherwise, we would have been completely miserable the entire trip.

It's been cooler than normal in North Texas too, which is great, but I'm looking forward to some sun. It's been so gloomy here.

I live in Alabama, so I'm used to hot, humid weather, but last week at WDW was brutal. There was no escaping the heat! We even tried our normal routine: be there for rope drop, eat lunch, head back to the room, and go back out after sundown. Even that didn't work! We were soaked even during MNSSHP.

We are from Florence, AL. That is exactly what we did all last week. We left MNSSHP at 11:30pm, and we were still dripping wet! I cannot even describe how yucky we felt! But, we still had a great trip!!

Point well taken...

However, if anyone wants a break from the hot weather...come on up! We need your tourist $ too. We have cool weather.....scenery, leaves of all colors, apples...pumpkins....fairs...etc....:goodvibes

Ooh that sounds great! We don't really get the fall color changes.

We just got back from an awesome trip! I have to say, though, although NOT COMPLAINING, that the heat and humidity really effected our ability to enjoy the Food and Wine Festival. All of the food was hot, so we just didn't want any of it. That beer sure was good though. :thumbsup2

I went to school in Mississippi, so I know heat and humidity. Nobody likes it, but it can be tolerated. That having been said - there was no movement of air last week. None! When that happens, even getting in the shade is like getting into a sauna of trapped hot air and moisture. There was no getting away from it unless you went indoors! The sun went down, and it was more of the same - needless to say, we were very happy to get those polyester Halloween costumes off after the party. I just felt so bad for the cast members in their polyester outfits!!!

I wouldn't trade the trip for the world though - it's Florida, after all. No lovebugs, good crowds, and a WONDERFUL time. Maybe we will try early November next time...:goodvibes

Ok..... the next person that complains about the heat at WDW now....
I will gladly trade places with you!!!!
Just PM me and I will hop a plane and be down there ASAP. but you have to give me your park tickets and a bit of spending money! OK??
:rotfl2::lmao:

We are settling it for one of the coldest Octobers in years up here in Ohio!!!!

Soooooooo............. stop complaining and enjoy it!!! :lmao::lmao:

(just kidding!!! :lmao:)

:rotfl: :rotfl: im here in ohio too and it sure is cold! i just got back from wdw about two week ago and this weather sure was a shock to my system!!
my dad is near tampa, florida right now on business and he says the weather has been beautiful! im totally jealous!
i cant wait to get back to wdw in january .. even though the weather could be cold!

Looks like we might be at the pools and water park more than we thought. Especially when people down south say it was hot and uncomfortable. Looking at last week, it was a few degrees below record highs. We're leaving tomorrow.

:rotfl: :rotfl: im here in ohio too and it sure is cold! i just got back from wdw about two week ago and this weather sure was a shock to my system!!
my dad is near tampa, florida right now on business and he says the weather has been beautiful! im totally jealous!
i cant wait to get back to wdw in january .. even though the weather could be cold!

Hey.... you're very close.... we are in Avon.
My DD is home from college for the long weekend and woke up this morning and said "it looks like SNOW out there!!!"
Yikes!!!

I'm in NYC. It's mid 50s here, with highs in the 60s. Cloudy and rainy lately. Im one of those people who, if its under 70 degrees, im freezing! Which is weird since i was born and bred here and ive toughed out some cold winters! So im reaaady for the 80s in a couple of days!

Here in CT it's finally beginning to get cold outside...when I got on my motorcycle for my normal Sunday ride yesterday morning, it was 45 outside!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather in FL will break come Nov...the wife and I leave for the WL on Nov 9, come on fall weather!!!

:banana: :banana:

We went in Sept two years ago, and the heat was absolutely brutal. Our Nov/Dec trips have always had great weather in WDW, so I'm remaining hopeful!

:cloud9:

Ever since we came back from WDW in September, I swear the weather has been worse than usual--even for northern IL. It seems like it's gotten colder faster and the vast majority of days are overcast and/or flat out rainy. What sucks is that I know, from this point on, it's only going to get worse.

It rained all of like two times when we were at WDW, and one of those days was just a sprinkle. Oh, how I miss you FL... :sad1:

Yes...its' hot, but it always is, isn't it? :confused3;)

On a non-Disney note I went to buy my daughter a sundress the other day.
it's FL right...we wear shorts and T-shirts in January. But nope, everywhere was fleece and sweaters and jackets. Yay. :rolleyes:

Guess I'll just pick one up at Disney next week. Please don't tell me all the shops are full of winter clothing!!! :rotfl2:

not sure if this has been posted yet, but it looks like the above average heat here will break this week. By the weekend things should be a bit more normal.. like in the 80's instead of 90's.... Living here you sort of get use to it..

Actually here right now. The heat has pretty much ruined this vacation. Can not wait to get back to OHIO!

I'm sorry to hear the heat has bothered you to the point your vacation is disrupted.. We are actually just flying out today and we have been there for the last 9 days. We really didn't let the heat bother us as we are used to it. I would go out first thing in the morning and open the parks, you can get a lot done first thing and then head back to the resort around lunch.. You can then head back out after 5 or 6pm and the heat isn't so bad once the sun starts to set.

We were out during all times. The best thing I can say to get used to it is wear VERY light clothing that can breath and is light in color. You wouldn't believe how many people I see wearing dark colors and heavy clothes. I even saw someone wearing a knit sweater with a scarf and had a black umbrella (extreme case I know) :scared1:

Dress smart, use the time of day to your advantage, and have fun! Don't let the heat ruin your vacation.

It's suppose to get cold here over the weekend, 50 Sat night and high 77 on Sunday. BRRRRRRRRR, we're sick of the heat everyone is ready for cooler temps here.

People who complain about the heat in Florida remind me of those who complain about all of the kids in WDW.:confused3

It is totally different when you live here year round as opposed to just vacationing here:) I love the heat and sun-so does DH. We hated the long winters up north so moved to FL. Then you realize you traded the long cold months for a long, humid summer that lasts from April-November. You are still trapped indoors either way:) When you are on vacation you get to wear bathing suits, shorts and tank tops. Lay by the pool and go to the beach. When you live here you are going to work in a suit, stockings or poly costumes (if you work for Disney), waiting for your hot car to cool off-haha. Working several jobs to afford to live here. I am lucky I work from home and can wear what I want most days. Most people that have lived here for a long time will tell you the weather has gotten much worse over the years. Much hotter now! Even in the 5 years we have been here it is worse. Must be all the overdevelopment. They took all of our beautiful trees. :rolleyes:

Whew, not me you can keep it! I have been there when I felt like I was being roasted alive. Of course I will be there in a month so maybe that has something to do with not caring to go right now! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter