Next DVC resort

PADVCmember@OKW

Mouseketeer
According to cast member Rose, the "captain" of our pontoon boat fireworks cruise, the next DVC resort will be at the Contemporary. Buildings to the left of the tower are scheduled to come down after the first of the year with announcement and construction to follow shortly there after. She told us that this is in response to members' requests for a monorail accessable DVC resort. Said this will follow the Beach Club/Villas, Wilderness/Villas model. We shall see how accurate her information is!

I thought they either just finished or are still in the process of renovating those rooms. Why would they do that if they are going to teat them down to build DVC?

Best wishes -

Renovations that have been announced:

May 30 – Oct. 31: South Garden Wing will be closed for refurbishment
June 29, 2005 - February 19, 2006 - Tower room refurbishment. One floor will be blocked off at a time.

I think the South Wing would be the one to the right? Assuming the OP meant as you were facing the resort and were refering to the entire Wing - rather than just "buildings" - the left is not yet announced.

I think the CR rumor is a self-perpetuating rumor. Probably started with DVCer wishful thinking, and as it gets repeated and repeated people start layering in opinions, more wishful thinking and things start to become "fact". Then mix with 70,000+ DVC Members and 50,000+ CMs gossiping and wishing and thinking and wanting to appear "in the know" and you start to get all kinds of information flowing around.

The fact is - no one knows except the decisions makers and they haven't said yet. Although anyone could turn out to be right - you make enough predictions and something is bound to turn out to be true eventually - I seriously doubt that an fireworks cruise boat operator is in the mainstream of DVC information and high on the list of people who have a need to know.

JMHO

We just returned from seven nights at the Contemporary. 5 of them on points. We stayed in a Wing garden room in the South wing. The long corridor from the main building straight to the end of the building is still open for guests. The wing that tees off from the lobby on each floor of the wing is closed for renovation. They are merely renovating these rooms and not gutting the entire wing to redo the room layout. The ceiling tiles are out, new ductwork going in, new electrical, etc.

They were also doing renovations on the 9th and 10th floors of the tower. Both of these floors are closed to guests and have visible work ongoing that can be observed from the outside of the resort and from the inside of the resort.

I really don't see this DVC happening until they complete the SSR phases. And they are far from complete with those.

We had a wonderful stay at the Contemporary and would stay there again. Wing room, of course.

I got back from a quickie last minute non-DVC stay at Pop yesterday. I was talking to the CM who was working DME waiting area. He asked if I come down a lot and my dd just rolled her eyes!! Said that, yes, we do but usually stay DVC, but since my points are already allocated for other trips, we did this one on cash at a different resort. He wanted to know how I felt about the Contemporary going DVC. I told him I had heard the 'rumors' before but nothing solid to date. Well, he said. They are currently redoing the South bldg wing (which of course we already knew), working on the Tower rooms (again, knew this) but then they are tearing down the North Wing and building a 'mini-tower- for DVC use. I said.."Are you sure?" His answer was..."Yes, most definatly. Not a rumor anymore." Wonder why we haven't heard anything as DVC members. But it sure would be nice. I think I'll start putting some money aside to buy some more pts for CR!!!

okay I am totally confused :confused3

I though someone has found where the North wing was on the rehab list.

at first only the south wing and tower were on the rehab list. but last month???? someone say it now included the north wing.

if they are rehab it. it stays with the Cont.

only if they are tearing it down will it become part of DVC.

Sorry I won't believe it until the north wing is torn down!

it is still a wonderful ideal. :rolleyes: :wizard: :badpc:

Hi all,

I really hope it is true but...

I have a very good friend (a well-placed professional CM) who works in DVC HQ in Celebration (I blame him for getting us "hooked" into buying DVC :earsgirl: ). I asked him about this rumor and he told me directly that he knows nothing about it, and these rumors come out all the time.

Does it mean I don't believe it will happen? No. It just means he in the corp. office is not listening to the on-stage CMs. :smooth:

He did say, however, that DVC is really expanding in California ... whatever that means.

My guess is that if DVC does open a tower at CR, it will sell out so quickly that you'll hear a thunderclap as air rushes in to fill the vacuum.

Don't say that.

I would want to buy at Cont and my budget can't take for a few years.

now in 2008 I can definitely do it!!!

I am curious as to why they have not announced the North Wing reno yet. A few months back (maybe more) there were a few threads on the resort board stating that the North Wing is in worse shape then the South Wing. Based on this info you would think that the North Wing would close first. Unless of course it is reserved for DVC.

Either way we will have our answer soon. If their are no plans to tear down the North Wing and convert to DVC, then they can announce the closure and refurb anytime.

One thing, SSR should have no impact on whether they proceed with DVC at the CR. CRV would sell out so fast that it would just be a blip on the selling pattern for SSR.

We keep hearing this rumor over and over again. I would really have ZERO interest in a CR DVC. I would hope they would have learned from BCV that small DVC resorts cause booking problems.

We stayed in the north garden wing a couple weeks ago. The CM that mans the DVC desk in the tower said that rumor's still around, nothing's official yet, but the CM's all think that it will happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter