Next BCV Resale

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by NoleFan, Jul 10, 2013.

1. NoleFan

NoleFan DIS Veteran

Haven't seen any BCV resales come up in about a week.....how much do you think the next contract will list for? I am guessing over $92 or $88 if stripped? Just my guesses. Not in the market to buy now (thank goodness)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. MickeyFan612

MickeyFan612 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

If it's at Fidelity there's no telling as their pricing is all over the place!

4. clutter

clutter <font color=FF66FF>Princess's Mom<br><font color=b

I have 130 BCV points that I'm on the fence about selling, and I've noticed that as well. Definitely making me lean more one way. I don't HAVE to sell, but my dd is an older teen now, so I'm torn between renting for a few years or recouping my costs (and then some! I'm thinking I could list at $92. I can always withdraw. It's a loaded August UY.) I'm keeping my tiny AKV contract, though.

5. ELMC

ELMC DIS Veteran

Be aware of the fact that if you list it and receive a full priced offer then you technically owe the broker the commission. I would recommend fully making up your mind before deciding to list. It's more fair that way, to the broker, to the buyer and to yourself. Nobody likes having someone back out of a deal.

One tip, you can rent out the points and sell the contract stripped. By doing this you will receive a larger net number on the sale. Good luck! :)

6. clutter

clutter <font color=FF66FF>Princess's Mom<br><font color=b

So if I rent my points to strip the contract, the rental transfers with the sale? What if the renter cancels?

7. LisaS

LisaS DIS Veteran

If you made a reservation for a renter, then sold the contract before the reservation took place, the renter's reservation would be cancelled when the contract changed hands.

You can list a contract with a restriction that you cannot close before a particular date if you have a pending reservation on the contract.

8. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

Finding someone who wants a point transfer is usually a better way to strip a contract before selling it. That way, there are no pending reservations to hold up the closing.