News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the aerial update link. I hadn't seen it and will be heading down this weekend - wondered what type of mess we were in for.

Thanks for the aerial update link. I hadn't seen it and will be heading down this weekend - wondered what type of mess we were in for.
Well if you're parking down there it will be bad otherwise there are a lot of walls but the main things are all accessible and not very crowded. We went in July and didn't experience any major problems.

Well if you're parking down there it will be bad otherwise there are a lot of walls but the main things are all accessible and not very crowded. We went in July and didn't experience any major problems.

The pathways are pretty much destroyed around PI...
Honestly not worth going on a weekend.

I was there in July as well and it was the most uncomfortable night I've ever had. (And I was in EPCOT on 12/31/99...with all the emergency light towers put everywhere)

The pathways are pretty much destroyed around PI... Honestly not worth going on a weekend. I was there in July as well and it was the most uncomfortable night I've ever had. (And I was in EPCOT on 12/31/99...with all the emergency light towers put everywhere)
We went on a week day in the evening in July and it wasn't too bad for us.

I think it was a Sunday night... Full mob scene... Like trying to ram a watermelon through a garden hose
Wow I guess we got lucky because we didn't experience this at all, and I really thought it would be more crowded based on what i had heard. We had dinner at like 5 at house of blues and then spent most of our time in the Marketplace.

The new Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street party will be having rehearsals starting September 25th-26th and 28-29th during the night. The party debuts in early October.

Micechat says more Frozen is coming to DCA
Meet n Greet will move to Turtle Talk lobby
Stage show coming to Muppets theater
Ice Skating in Stage 17
Animation will be taken over by Frozen

Tokyo DisneySea announced a new show coming. King Tritons Concert will open in late April 2015.

Jim Hill's new podcast said
New name for DHS Disney's Hollywood Adventure
a version of Radiator Springs racers
Flo's V8 Cafe
Toy Story Playland
Star Wars in Echo Lake area
A big thing is coming to Universal to make is a three day trip instead of two (Most likely the rumored waterpark)
Jim doesn't think a TSMM expansion is coming
Soarin around the world is coming to Shanghai and will then come to WDW
Imagineering doesn't like Avatar apparently

Insiders at WDWmagic.com say
TSMM expansion is coming
Monsters inc attraction is coming
Toy Story Playland type attractions

Micechat says more Frozen is coming to DCA
Meet n Greet will move to Turtle Talk lobby
Stage show coming to Muppets theater
Ice Skating in Stage 17
Animation will be taken over by Frozen

Interesting if they are still saying that. Because Disney already announced the ice rink will be returning to DTD like last year. And I can't see them putting in a second one.

I'm still skeptical on all of that.

Interesting if they are still saying that. Because Disney already announced the ice rink will be returning to DTD like last year. And I can't see them putting in a second one. I'm still skeptical on all of that.
Based on what has happened in DHS I am not so much. Micechat has always been a good source when it comes to Disneyland. Do you have a link to the ice rink I don't recall hearing about its return. Disney is going to push Frozen until they can't anymore.

I don't have this confirmed but sources are saying a new production company will be taking over the Christmas parade taping this year. This looks to also change the way the Christmas parade is organized. I'm hearing they may go through other parts of the park instead of the traditional down Main Street parade. I guess they want to showcase the entire park rather than just the main piece (castle-main street).

1. Backlot Tour closed with a bang last night the last tour was an emotional one for many CMs. The signage was gone as of this morning at DHS.

2. Please, note that on Thursday, October 2, from approximately 6 a.m.-5 p.m. there will be some crane activity at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, located on the back dock of the resort. For safety reasons, certain walkways will be inaccessible throughout this timeframe. In addition to that, the Kona Cafe will be closed for breakfast and lunch on that day, but will open at 5 p.m. for dinner (operating hours will go back to normal starting from the following day). http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/09/polynesian-village-resort-construction.html

3. NASCAR Sports Grille in Universal's CityWalk will remain open for full lunch and dinner service through November 1st, closing forever at 10 p.m. http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/09/nascar-sports-grille-closing-at.html

4. From October 4 to December 24, 2014, the Tusker House restaurant (located at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park) will extend the character dining hours to 5 p.m. However, when park hours are until 7 p.m. or later, a dinner buffet without characters will be offered from 6:15 p.m. to park close. During this time, the character breakfast will be offered from 8 to 10:55 a.m., and lunch will take place from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (5:30 p.m. if the park is open until 6 p.m.). http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/09/tusker-house-operating-hours-extended.html

5. Hub Construction update
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/09/magic-kingdom-hub-update-fall-begins.html

6. Astro Orbiter made its grand return from a very large refurb. Everything looks beautiful and new including the planets only problem is they made it so the planets do not spin anymore.

You're not using a debt laden arrangement between the ghost of frank wells and a member of the house of Saud (the worst family on earth by a nautical mile) as the measuring stick of what a "good operation" is, are you?
We'll I know they have been trying to fix things. Both resorts have been under massive refurbishments and they got ratatouille.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter