News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
The unnamed Disney exec says it has to do with scheduling? I call BS. I think after Tomorrowland's poor box office totals, they're getting a little trigger shy. I know alot of us were looking forward to another Tron film. I'm also disappointed that Tomorrowland can't break $65 Mil, but Pitch Perfect 2 rakes in $130 Mil? Come on....

Scheduling and profitability are the same thing. The schedule is about money. They have too many valuable properties that are less of a risk from now to 2018, so why go ahead with a project that had some difficulties anyway? If they thought this would make a bundle they would wedge it in somewhere. They obviously don't think so, at least at this time. I hope it gets made in the future, I love both Tron movies. And you are right about Tomorrowland and PP2!

And then we wonder why they only do live action remakes nowadays.

I was about to post exactly the same. Pretty much every original film Disney has released over the last decade has flopped, and there are some quite good films in there. It's a shame, because this probably means we'll get a lot more live action remakes.

Can't say I'm a huge Tomorrowland fan. It sure could've been much better, specially during the final act. I was still enjoyable. Still, Disney has released some really cool non-remake films in recent years that have performed poorly. They've tried with book adaptations (Narnia), videogame adaptations (Prince of Persia), Sci-Fi films (John Carter and Tomorrowland) and they don't seem to catch a break. Live action adaptations, here we go.

Today in Disney History ground was broken for the Walt Disney World Resort. It opened just over four years later...

I was about to post exactly the same. Pretty much every original film Disney has released over the last decade has flopped, and there are some quite good films in there. It's a shame, because this probably means we'll get a lot more live action remakes.

That because Disney is treating its movie going customer like fools by running what's known across the screen... For every movie.

And fans can't get enough of it...

Consider that thought the next time your in "new Fantayland"

Cheers to another decade of overexploited superhero films, Fast and Furious sequels and a Three Caballeros live-action remake :drinking1

Good to see the changed on the GMR. I guess now it will be a slow and eventual change of the ride itself?

No surprise of Tron 3 getting the boot. I do think it will surface eventually though down the line but right now, Disney isn't willing to take chances on Movies that aren't a sure thing

I will have to see the changes to the GMR in person to take an actual glimpse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter