News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add to this, the fantasyland expansion in Tokyo includes multiple new attractions, it's a small world being moved to a new location, and then the new Scandinavian port will include a big frozen e ticket.
About time. These guys have been stagnate for years.

About time. These guys have been stagnate for years.
Most disney parks go through those droughts as we've talked about before. DHS hasnt seen a new attraction in 8 years, AK 9, MK got new ones last year, epcot what a decade? I also noticed some one say that OLC is going to be spending billions on the parks yes that's billions. The Scandinavian port is supposed to be 500 million alone.

Neither news nor rumors but. Today was registration for Walt Disney world marathon weekend in January. I am in for the Half marathon and 5k. What I find interesting is disney has been doing these events for over 20 years, and is set up and executed by an outside company, and the website they use for registration is another different outside company. You'd think that disney would know what they are doing by now, develop their own website for registration and maybe hire their own people to run the races how they want. With that said tho, I love the RunDisney events and their really isn't anything wrong with the way they do things I just find it interesting.

As part of ongoing infrastructure work being done around the Walt Disney World monorail system, monorail service will run on an adjusted schedule beginning at 11 p.m. on May 3, 2015. This schedule is set to continue through early July. During that time, buses and watercraft will remain available to Guests.
That being said, you should take note of the fact that full monorail service will be available daily during the busy Memorial Day week period (May 24-27, 2015).

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/04/disney-monorail-operating-schedule.html#more

“The Legacy Collection: Disneyland” 3-Disc Set to Celebrate 60 Years of Disneyland Park Music

BURBANK, Calif., April 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — The eighth release from The Legacy Collection celebrates the 60th anniversary of Disneyland Resort with a 3-disc set, which features classic music from attractions. The set was produced and compiled by Grammy®-winning producer Randy Thornton.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/04/the-l...-celebrate-60-years-of-disneyland-park-music/

Most disney parks go through those droughts as we've talked about before. DHS hasnt seen a new attraction in 8 years, AK 9, MK got new ones last year, epcot what a decade? I also noticed some one say that OLC is going to be spending billions on the parks yes that's billions. The Scandinavian port is supposed to be 500 million alone.
They'll need it. They spent millions on one spinner. I can only imagine how much it will cost.

Their 10 year plan is set at 4.2 billion and these projects are part of that plan but not all of it.
Much of the spending is going to be devoted to infrastructure and operations. Things like making pathways wider, providing more cover from storms, and enhancing guest areas are on the docket. New backstage areas too.

Keep in mind that the average age of guest is getting older and older at TDR. 40 and 50 year olds have more disposable income then 20 year olds, and they may be less willing to wait in 2 hour lines. Many of the upgrades are focused on making sure they don't lose out on the aging population. Think of what MK has been doing with things like the New Hub and we may have hints into the future of TDR.

Now are they needed? I think so. Is WDW guilty of much the same stagnation as TDR? Yep. I just find it amusing people find it in themselves to praise TDR when they've been just as stagnate as WDW. DLR and HKDL have been the most aggressive in their expansions over the last few years. That's unlikely to change with DLR (Two new lands rumored, a plethora of cutting edge nighttime spectaculars, and ride and land upgrades) and HKDL (Iron Man, TSMM, Disney Explorers, and Phase Two) still advancing new offerings.

Much of the spending is going to be devoted to infrastructure and operations. Things like making pathways wider, providing more cover from storms, and enhancing guest areas are on the docket. New backstage areas too.

Keep in mind that the average age of guest is getting older and older at TDR. 40 and 50 year olds have more disposable income then 20 year olds, and they may be less willing to wait in 2 hour lines. Many of the upgrades are focused on making sure they don't lose out on the aging population. Think of what MK has been doing with things like the New Hub and we may have hints into the future of TDR.

Now are they needed? I think so. Is WDW guilty of much the same stagnation as TDR? Yep. I just find it amusing people find it in themselves to praise TDR when they've been just as stagnate as WDW. DLR and HKDL have been the most aggressive in their expansions over the last few years. That's unlikely to change with DLR (Two new lands rumored, a plethora of cutting edge nighttime spectaculars, and ride and land upgrades) and HKDL (Iron Man, TSMM, Disney Explorers, and Phase Two) still advancing new offerings.
Well I haven't heard of a bad experience at TDL and that's probably my dream Disney destination. People say that photos of DisneySea don't do it justice you need to see it to really feel what it's like.

I actually think Disneyland Anaheim is still the best Magic Kingdom out there, even over Tokyo DL. Tokyo DisneySea has to be the best non-MK theme park in the world though. That's one beautiful park, and that's reflected on its price tag.

Last edited:

Interesting test. If this works, and can be rolled out to most counter-service locations...I think it would be a pretty good enhancement and a nice time-saver. Don't know if you can select a specific time to pick up your food or not or if it is just prepped as soon as you place the order.

According to this Disney fired IT workers and replaced them with foreign workers

http://www.computerworld.com/articl...es-at-disney-over-use-of-foreign-workers.html

This has gone on at every major corporation for years. The company I work for has done the same. Most of our IT is in India, and the positions that are still physically here in the U.S. are all filled by people who literally just arrived from India. It's something the feds really need to look at and try to reverse....but they won't.

I actually think Disneyland Anaheim is still the best Magic Kingdom out there, even over Tokyo DL. Tokyo DisneySea has to be the best non-MK theme park in the world though. That's one beautiful park, and that's reflected on its price tag.
Um, they are $58.15 right now based on exchange rates. I'd gladly pay that for any of the Orlando parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter