03/27: Mulan (DIS)
05/01: Black Widow (DIS)
05/29: Artemis Fowl (DIS)
06/19: Soul (DIS)
07/24: Jungle Cruise (DIS)
08/14: The One and Only Ivan (DIS)
11/06: The Eternals (DIS)
11/25: Raya and the Last Dragon (DIS)

Is it odd that Raya is scheduled for late November and we haven't even had a teaser trailer yet?

Also notable that there is only one live action remake for this year. Guess they crammed them all into last year.

I'm pretty excited about Onward, Mulan, Jungle Cruise and maybe Raya?

Disney+ (no dates were listed in the article)

Timmy Failure, Mistakes Were Made
Clone Wars
Stargirl
Phineas and Ferb the Movie
Falcon and Winter Soldier

Most excited for Clone Wars and Timmy Failure looks Amazing.

And of course, theme park experiences opening in 2020:

Jan 17 DL Rise of the Resistance
Jan 17 WDW Epcot Awesome Planet, Beauty and the Beast sing a long, Canada Far and Wide
Feb 28 DL Magic Happens daytime parade
Winter WDW Epcot Space 220 Restaurant
Mar 4 WDW DHS Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
Apr 17 WDW Disney Springs Cirque Du Soleil Drawn to Life (previews Mar 20)
Spring WDW Epcot Harmonious nighttime show
Apr 15 Tokyo DL New Fantasyland
Summer 2020 DL DCA Avengers Campus with Spiderman attraction
Summer 2020 WDW Epcot Ratatouille

Words can't describe how excited I am for Mulan & Jungle Cruise. I'm also strangely excited for Artemis Fowl. I loved those books as a kid and may or may not have just reread the entire series in anticipation.

https://d23.com/must-see-disney-experiences-coming-in-2020/
Just a look at all the movies slated for release in 2020:

03/06: Onward (DIS)
03/27: Mulan (DIS)
05/01: Black Widow (DIS)
05/29: Artemis Fowl (DIS)
06/19: Soul (DIS)
07/24: Jungle Cruise (DIS)
08/14: The One and Only Ivan (DIS)
11/06: The Eternals (DIS)
11/25: Raya and the Last Dragon (DIS)

Is it odd that Raya is scheduled for late November and we haven't even had a teaser trailer yet?

Also notable that there is only one live action remake for this year. Guess they crammed them all into last year.

I'm pretty excited about Onward, Mulan, Jungle Cruise and maybe Raya?

Disney+ (no dates were listed in the article)

Timmy Failure, Mistakes Were Made
Clone Wars
Stargirl
Phineas and Ferb the Movie
Falcon and Winter Soldier

Most excited for Clone Wars and Timmy Failure looks Amazing.

There are some good looking movies coming to both output channels this year. But man oh man is the company going to take a YoY hit on cinema revenue. Disney could have an absolute smash year on what is scheduled and not even get close to this year's box office take.

And this is when I wonder about Disney's long term plans. While I understand the divisions are all managed somewhat independently and have to make profit goals, had they looked at the whole enterprise they could better manage expected strong and weak media years with price increases in the parks. But since they are always increasing prices in the parks, it is already baked in and it becomes harder to get a large increase to defend a YoY drop in media.

The parks and experiences are the largest operating segment. Followed by media networks. It's hard to squeeze more from media networks right now with the cord cutting. So you take a small change in your largest operating sector, parks and experiences, and use it to cover the drop in one of the smaller sectors, movies. But they can't, because they have been squeezing so regularly on parks and experiences regardless of the "extra" profit in cinema, that any small change is expected and any large change becomes very sensitive to consumers.

It'll be an interesting year for Disney as a corporation from a financial standpoint. We will see if Iger can manage more magic in his penultimate year or if he will aim for a reprieve and then really try and kick things up one more time in his 2021 finale.

There are some good looking movies coming to both output channels this year. But man oh man is the company going to take a YoY hit on cinema revenue. Disney could have an absolute smash year on what is scheduled and not even get close to this year's box office take.

And this is when I wonder about Disney's long term plans. While I understand the divisions are all managed somewhat independently and have to make profit goals, had they looked at the whole enterprise they could better manage expected strong and weak media years with price increases in the parks. But since they are always increasing prices in the parks, it is already baked in and it becomes harder to get a large increase to defend a YoY drop in media.

The parks and experiences are the largest operating segment. Followed by media networks. It's hard to squeeze more from media networks right now with the cord cutting. So you take a small change in your largest operating sector, parks and experiences, and use it to cover the drop in one of the smaller sectors, movies. But they can't, because they have been squeezing so regularly on parks and experiences regardless of the "extra" profit in cinema, that any small change is expected and any large change becomes very sensitive to consumers.

It'll be an interesting year for Disney as a corporation from a financial standpoint. We will see if Iger can manage more magic in his penultimate year or if he will aim for a reprieve and then really try and kick things up one more time in his 2021 finale.
I think the reason Disney announces their movie schedule so far in advance (they have movies announced for 2027!) is to price this in. Disney is mature enough of a company that - so long as they are maintaining per-business unit margins - their stock price is going to bounce more on actual results vs. Wall Street analyst expectations than on YOY changes. In any event, I think the Disney+ subscription numbers will drive most of the stock price changes in 2020, and if they're good, they will give the company additional cover. Netflix is worth 60% of Disney with 60 Million US subs and ~160 million worldwide. If Disney+ really has the 25 Million subscribers that Rosenblatt Securities is out claiming today, watch out.

NEWS

Particularly for those planning on trying for a Boarding Group for Rise of the Resistance: DHS Park Hours Adjusted for more days in January and EMHs in February changed from morning to evening

• January 17-20: Park hours extended from 8am opening to 7am opening
  • January 24-26: Park hours extended from 8am opening to 7am opening

February 2, 9, 16, 23: Extra Magic Hours changed from 8-9am to 8-10pm

https://blogmickey.com/2020/01/holl...nth-extra-magic-hours-adjustments-in-february

I'll be there on 1/31 - I'm assuming we will get a 7am opening eventually (which I'd greatly prefer)

I'm so far behind on any WDW updates, but wanted to ask about Tron, heading to Magic Kingdom?

I'm so far behind on any WDW updates, but wanted to ask about Tron, heading to Magic Kingdom?
The interior lights have been on in the show building at night...so there's that :)

Last edited:
Not sure if this was covered but per a press release they will be leaning into the Sam the Eagle connection to the Regal Eagle Smokehouse:

"The restaurant takes its name from Sam Eagle; the beloved Muppet will host a centennial cook-off – a salute to all cook-offs… but mostly barbecue. "

https://wdwnews.com/releases/histor...Vbdy0un5A62jJjJfgZdjqt_OPnPH6QQUgSMcALM_XAolU

Just when you think Disney is killing off the muppets....they PULL me back in!

Can we move the Great moments in American History over here as part of a lunch/dinner show?

Not sure if this was covered but per a press release they will be leaning into the Sam the Eagle connection to the Regal Eagle Smokehouse:

"The restaurant takes its name from Sam Eagle; the beloved Muppet will host a centennial cook-off – a salute to all cook-offs… but mostly barbecue. "

https://wdwnews.com/releases/histor...Vbdy0un5A62jJjJfgZdjqt_OPnPH6QQUgSMcALM_XAolU
I had only seen wishful hoping there would be a Sam Eagle tie-in, I’m glad they actually made this connection!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter