News Round Up 2016

This is something I would be willing to do. It makes so much sense. They make big profits on the bucket, and still make money on the refills throughout the stay. We would probably fill it half a dozen times, and wouldn't even buy it to begin with otherwise.

I don't completely understand why they don't have a refillable soda mug for the parks as well. I suppose the issue there is waiting in line for the refills at the QS restaurants - since they don't have self-serve soda machines.

I would do it if it was throughout the STAY---- but since it's per day, that gets a bit pricey----

Interesting note from a trusted source. Pandora will be the best immersive environment Disney has done and will blow carsland away.

I hope this is the case! I feel like people are really under estimaing just how fantastical this world will be. I'm not a fan of the movie and, at first, I thought this was going to be so stupid, but now, I'm actually looking forward to it! Is there a chance it will be done by June 2017?

Interesting note from a trusted source. Pandora will be the best immersive environment Disney has done and will blow carsland away.

I've been excited for Pandora for a longtime. I've never understood the nay sayers. I'm in the camp that thought the movie was "ok", but nothing special. But I just had a feeling WDW would make this park so amazing that you don't need to be a fan to enjoy it.

Really no different than Harry Potter at Universal. We are casual fans at best, but we still enjoy the park because it's so well done.

I've been excited for Pandora for a longtime. I've never understood the nay sayers. I'm in the camp that thought the movie was "ok", but nothing special. But I just had a feeling WDW would make this park so amazing that you don't need to be a fan to enjoy it.

Really no different than Harry Potter at Universal. We are casual fans at best, but we still enjoy the park because it's so well done.
I'm a believer that Pandora will be fantastic. I'm not a believer in the movie franchise. I'm not convinced the sequels will be sucessful.

I don't get the complaint about the DVC wings being "off to the side". You do realize people in the WL are paying $300-500 a night for a hotel room,while the DVC people are likely paying a third of that price.

Yes, I don't doubt that part of the selling point for the cabins may be "it's in the main hotel" but they are also going to be charging tens of thousands of dollars more for that 200 feet of convenience.

You asking the "meaning of life" question for dvc as it now stands. It's kinda at intersection/crossroads right now. We'd break the internet if we really went into detail.

What's harder to book-- boardwalk view or anything at beach club?

That's not really apples to apples though - Boardwalk View is only 20% of Boardwalk availability. But I would still say they are almost equally difficult...but Beach Club is more in demand because of Stormalong Bay.

I agree with your main point - people would prefer to be in the main building over the side building - but I'm questioning whether if people were giving a choice between $30,000 buy-in for the main building, and $15,000 buy-in for the room down the hall, all with the exact same amenities, there are not too many people that are going to say "Sure - that 200 feet is worth $15,000." The good thing (for Disney) is that they are selling a bill of goods for direct sale that often the buyer isn't even AWARE of resale. This may also be one of the big reasons they took away the benefits from resale...they have to sell this resort and convince people that $30,000 is better than $15,000 down the hall.

My guess is that DVC will try to justify the cost through the expiration argument. The ole the new section has twice the number of years left therefore it's worth twice the resale cost of the original WL. They can't make the amenities argument and that's a boat load of $$$ for 200 ft closer.
As a matter of fact, they'll have the nerve to market that Copper Creek is a bargain when you look at the direct cost of the original WL and compare use years remaining.
But hey, people keep buying, so they're doing something right.

I hope this is the case! I feel like people are really under estimaing just how fantastical this world will be. I'm not a fan of the movie and, at first, I thought this was going to be so stupid, but now, I'm actually looking forward to it! Is there a chance it will be done by June 2017?
There is definitely a chance it will be done by June.

Universal offers refillable popcorn buckets, and they're located in Orange County.
Yes they do but there filling process is similar to what the Disney CMs were trained to and should be doing. But as stated in my post there have been a few CMs who haven't done it properly and Disneys private health inspector has noticed. Only a matter of time before the state does.

While being a great value, the refillable popcorn buckets fall into a huge gray area with health code.

My guess is that DVC will try to justify the cost through the expiration argument. The ole the new section has twice the number of years left therefore it's worth twice the resale cost of the original WL. They can't make the amenities argument and that's a boat load of $$$ for 200 ft closer.
As a matter of fact, they'll have the nerve to market that Copper Creek is a bargain when you look at the direct cost of the original WL and compare use years remaining.

Thanks-- saved me some writing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter