News Round Up 2016

Hmmm...I checked out the times guide on their site as well. Looks like they are sticking with all the other nighttime entertainment - the dance parties, the Tree of Life lighting..the Safari operating until closing...etc...but of course no ROL. I wonder without the "showstopper" if they are really getting a lot of people sticking around in the evenings.
From what I have heard without jungle book the park is dead after 7PM. Which is unfortunate in my opinion.

From what I have heard without jungle book the park is dead after 7PM. Which is unfortunate in my opinion.

With Jungle Book the park was dead after 9. With so many things closing at sunset, there just isn't enough to do after dark. The few things that are open don't have much of a repeatability factor. They are trying to give DAK Magic Kingdom hours without the Magic Kingdom offerings, which is a major disservice to DAK

With Jungle Book the park was dead after 9. With so many things closing at sunset, there just isn't enough to do after dark. The few things that are open don't have much of a repeatability factor. They are trying to give DAK Magic Kingdom hours without the Magic Kingdom offerings, which is a major disservice to DAK

Which is a major disservice to its customers......

Well, I was hoping it would at least be a new bucket, but nope. Same bucket as last year. Booo! Oh well, at least I can still eat cheaper. Lol

They don't offer the refillable mugs or drinks per Orange Co health code. It doesn't allow Disney to take anything back over the counter. If self service machines were in the parks like at the resorts then it wouldn't be an issue, but that isn't the case. Even the popcorn buckets technically speaking aren't allowed to be done but a certain way. CMs we're trained to tell the guest to place bucket open on counter, then they will poor the popcorn in with a scoop withou the scoop coming in contact at all with the bucket. Then the CM is to instruct the guest to take the bucket, the CM cannot touch it. However I have heard from my friends at DHS that they have already been cited by the private health company Disney contracts for CMs not doing the process properly. It's all a bunch of politics...

Universal offers refillable popcorn buckets, and they're located in Orange County.

News/rumor

It's been said that Rivers of light has been handed over to park operations which means WDI is no longer involved and the show could debut within weeks.

I started reading your post and thought, "good god, it's so bad that WDI gave up and handed it to operations?" then realized that didn't make sense and finished reading your post. Exciting stuff if true!

I don't get the complaint about the DVC wings being "off to the side". You do realize people in the WL are paying $300-500 a night for a hotel room,while the DVC people are likely paying a third of that price.

Yes, I don't doubt that part of the selling point for the cabins may be "it's in the main hotel" but they are also going to be charging tens of thousands of dollars more for that 200 feet of convenience.

What's harder to book-- boardwalk view or anything at beach club? One is in the main building attached to venues and the other is behind the resort in the parking lot with no views for the same points. And of course I realize what the rates are.... I wasn't comparing dvc rates to cash rates-- I was comparing dvc rooms where you are in the main resort or a resort building with amenities to the ones that are in a separate step child building.

By "cabins" I'll assume you are referring to the copper creek conversion......And again I said I wouldn't pay the current costs of ownership--- but in my opinion the rooms in the main building of a resort are worth more than the rooms in a separate wing. (and I believe I'm not alone) Not saying they are worth the cost. Saying they are worth more. Apparently rooms closer to disney springs and the main pool at SSR are worth more than the others-- and if you look to see which ones book first, you will find that I am not alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter