News Round Up 2016

Sounds like a Frozen musical could be coming to the Disney Wonder.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...-new-frozen-production-for-the-disney-wonder/

I do like Frozen, but I also liked how the ships generally had/have entertainment not on Broadway or in the Parks. I would be sad if we would got a Frozen rehash in every segment of the company.
Frozen on Broadway, frozen show at DCA, frozen sing a long at DHS, and now Frozen on DCL. I don't know I think we need more frozen ;)

I am actually fine with a 5 to 6 minute boat ride, as long as the theming is remarkable. I am hoping that this has some of the advanced AAs that James Cameron spoke about during development for this expansion. This one has the potential to be a very beautiful ride.
Exactly.

Apologize if this is old "news" but an interesting read on Iger's involvement in trying to get the NFL back to LA.

Admittedly, as an East Coaster I didn't follow the whole "move back to LA" thing too much but heard about his involvement on sports radio yesterday morning so I decided to look it up.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ct-robert-iger-nfl-carson-20160121-story.html

Some of you Iger "fans" will love the praise that oozes from this article.... :worship:

Easy enough. I have frequent access to Alchemist Heady Topper, Lawson's finest and most any other Vermont craft beers....or whatever you prefer.

No loss to me either way....I either get free beer, or I share the love of beer with someone.

I have in my possession Westvleteren 12... from 02, 07, and 12.... look it up if you are not familiar... you probably are though...

Darn it someone beat me to it!

Anyways, this proves that the ride will not go outside like originally speculated. This also shows that the ride will be relatively short which isn't good. This ride holds 165,000 gallons of water where as a ride like pirates holds 600,000+ gallon so for water.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...o-show-pandoras-navi-river-journey-layout.htm

Also could be less water due to better engineering and the fact that they built it above swamp level, so not using the existing ground water...

Kind of like the Force:yoda:

I don't really like getting my face wet either, so that's not a plus in my book. Are there lockers to store your stuff? DH may or may not ride; he's afraid of falling, not heights:rolleyes: If he rides, then we need somewhere to store the big camera.

I am hoping the drop (I hope there's only one real drop) isn't too bad. I really want to do it though.

I'm not saying you WONT get wet on the drop, but if I get very wet when riding, it's more often after the last drop when we're coasting back to the load/unload area. There's this little waterfall that you can get stuck by once in a while if the logs are backed up. Just make sure when you're getting into your log, your husband and his camera bag get in first. That way if you get stuck next to the waterfall, you can take one for the team. :P

Based on other calculations I've seen its about 5 minutes at best.

That assumes they don't utilize the space creatively. At a constant Pirates-alike rolling speed, then five minutes certainly seems plausible. If the boats pause to view scenes, or spin to view scenes that are off-angle from the line of approach, you could easily stretch another minute or two.

That assumes they don't utilize the space creatively. At a constant Pirates-alike rolling speed, then five minutes certainly seems plausible. If the boats pause to view scenes, or spin to view scenes that are off-angle from the line of approach, you could easily stretch another minute or two.
Yep, it seems to be using the new boat technology so hopefully that is the case.

Yep, it seems to be using the new boat technology so hopefully that is the case.

That's the big unknown I think. We know this isn't a thrill ride but we really don't know anything more than that. I mean, are the boats even actually "floating" or is the water just there for effect?

That's the big unknown I think. We know this isn't a thrill ride but we really don't know anything more than that. I mean, are the boats even actually "floating" or is the water just there for effect?
That's a good question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter