News Round Up 2016

Can't ride the Hogwarts Express train without a hopper either.

I'm actually surprised at this move. I think its a bad one from Universal. We are a family who are on the cusp of our first Universal/IOA trip as a family. Our children are still a little young for those parks, IMO (7, 3, and 1).

We were discussing spending a day or two over there next year during our WDW trip, but not at that price!

With their better value hotels (IMO), they should be maintaining the same price. In two years, if a Uni trip was $500 less than a WDW trip, I think they would continue to see huge attendance growth.

I think they are getting a little too excited, they aren't WDW yet.....

And please don't tempt WDW to raise prices. I'm sure Stitch is about to eat a few pages on the WDW website as they scramble to make the ticket price changes. Thanks Uni.

Oof - I better stock up on churros at Disneyland next week! Actually not a big churro fan, but it's a D

Speaking or which - anyone in the thread have any specific requests for what they want to see at Disneyland? I saw somewhere they've finally gotten the problems at Luigi's Flying Tires (or whatever it's gonna be called) solved, but it doesn't sound like they'll be doing any soft opening stuff there just yet - but I'll keep an eye out in case they do. The rest of it is probably all walls, walls, walls, but I'll get pictures where I can! On my last day I'll jump some fences all for you guys!
Anything is welcome! If there are any Star Wars updates or anything you find interesting. Luigis was supposed to be open already but tech issues led it to continue testing. CM riding should be happening within the next week and then soft opening beginning of March.

So, danlb_2000 from the magic boards found what appears to be the track of the Na'vi River Journey in the Pandora Land.

So, danlb_2000 from the magic boards found what appears to be the track of the Na'vi River Journey in the Pandora Land.
Darn it someone beat me to it!

Anyways, this proves that the ride will not go outside like originally speculated. This also shows that the ride will be relatively short which isn't good. This ride holds 165,000 gallons of water where as a ride like pirates holds 600,000+ gallon so for water.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...o-show-pandoras-navi-river-journey-layout.htm

Also, for the bioluminescent features, you need darkness. So it would have to be a night time only attraction if it wasn't inside.
Correct but I think it still would be cool to go outside for a portion. Oh well I'm just hoping the ride is good.

Whoa wait a sec this looks like, incredibly short. Shorter than Maelstrom short. You will be bumper to bumper with the group in front of you and moving slower than the people mover short. What the heck ?

Whoa wait a sec this looks like, incredibly short. Shorter than Maelstrom short. You will be bumper to bumper with the group in front of you and moving slower than the people mover short. What the heck ?
Its been said the ride should be around 5 minutes long.

Ummm...Harrison ford is suing Disney and lucasfilm over his broken leg filming Star Wars

Reportedly

CORRECTION..."prosecuted"...not sued. Disney is not gonna be happy with pinewood studios

Ummm...Harrison ford is suing Disney and lucasfilm over his broken leg filming Star Wars

Reportedly

CORRECTION..."prosecuted"...not sued. Disney is not gonna be happy with pinewood studios

Ford is? Or an OSHA type thing?

Hey guys, ok, these clearly aren't scientific or anything, but I just did some really rough drawings on google earth (about the extent of what I can do in 10 mins without being able to do an overlay of the images) but one I was realllllly generous (too generous) the other is more realistic I think ...

Over generous - 1900 ft
Realistic (still generous I think) - 900 ft.

For reference I think Jungle cruise is slightly under 1900 feet ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter