News...Al Lutz says.....Muppets invade DL 8/11!

LuLusApple

DIS Veteran
Another scoop from AL Lutz :goodvibes
paraphrasing here...
Muppets will start several days of filming for upcoming commercial(s)on 8/11 at DL !!! Many favorite characters and publicity packages :woohoo:

yippee I get there on 8/11 can't wait to see if Miss. Piggy is gonna be there :)

I love the Muppets. :lovestruc Where are you seeing this? All I see on Mice Age is his older column from a few weeks ago.

Ok, I found it. I was looking at the big headlines under it! :rotfl: I'm sure someone will have videos of the filming at some point.

I note that Al Lutz says this campaign will ease up on the schmaltz that has characterized the last few years of park promotions (Celebrate a Million Dreams Coming True Today or whatever). I wonder how dark it can really be.

I say this because I was pretty shocked when I went to see MuppetVision 3-D by the tone at the end. (Yes, I had seen it at WDW, but I was under the influence at the time and couldn't remember it very clearly.) Basically you have an annoying character that the Muppets decide to murder.

Not that murder isn't a big theme in other beloved DLR attractions, like Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, and Pirates of the Caribbean (which throws in some rape, implied buggery, and slavery as a fun little bonus). It's just not what I was expecting out of the Muppets.

But as Bart Simpson said to his sister Lisa, "If you don't watch the violence you'll never become desensitized to it."

MUPPETS!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

...That's it I am going over today. I don't even care that I'm wearing heels! :rotfl:

We visited the park early and saw a couple takes of the Main Street Fire Engine heading up the street loaded with Muppets, complete with humans attached. A unique experience. At the end of one take one of the Muppeteers saw someone in our group with an Animal t-shirt and had the "real" Animal give us a look. Priceless.

Today during the afternoon, I saw the by the Mark Twain pass by & saw a small drum set in the front & wondered what was going on. But my fam & I went inside the Golden Horseshoe & saw the Laughing Stock & Co. But when we came out, we saw Dr. Teeth & the Electric Mayhem in the front of the Mark Twain!!! OMG I was so excited & had to get on. We got to stay on the 1st level, but the whole front part was blocked off for the filming. It was still cool bc I could see the puppeteer for Dr. Mayhem & I could hear Animal banging on the cymbals! A few moments after taking off from the dock, they were done filming, but when we got off the Twain, I heard them say something about Big Thunder but didn't think anything about it.
My DDad & I coincidentally went to ride Big Thunder bc it had the shortest wait times & when we were done, I saw that the film crew was by the Frontierland bridge just to the right of the BTM exit. I was curious @ what they were doing again, so we got my DM & headed over there. This time I looked over beyond the crew & film equiptment & saw Pepe in a Mickey hat! I thought he was super cute wearing the ears!
I actually had no idea that they were filming today. I really hope that they will continue through the weekend bc I didn't have my camera & I'm still bitter that I didn't get any pics!!! But I now can say that I saw the Muppets live!

Oh my gosh, that is so exciting! I would definitely have been beside myself with excitement if I had seen them live! :D STOKED for you!

I'm so jealous! I'd love to be able to see the Muppets with their puppeteers in action! I am really looking forward to what the Muppet-themed Disneyland advertising is going to look like. If anyone else sees them around DL, I would love to hear about the sighting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter