• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Newport RI Restaurant Suggestions

Flo's -clam shack for clams, quahog, chowder - cheap
Christie's - expensive
Brick Alley Pub- if you want hot wings that require a signed waiver to order (and a salad bar) - not crazy about the other food.

We live here so I will give you what we like.
Scales and Shells (fresh fish, pasta dishes, open kitchen)
mooring resturant (a little more expensive,but very good)
yesterdays pub (pub food, not much to look at but good food and lots of beer on tap)
obriens pub (outside seating, pub food also, fun place)
smokehouse (barbeque outside seating)
any other questions feel free to ask
Christa

A trip to Newport wouldn't be complete without a stop at The Red Parrot. My kids love it there and *I* love the great frozen drinks! :thumbsup2 We were just there this past Saturday.

Brick Alley Pub is a fun place to go.
Also, we like Sardella's for Italian food.
Christie's always a good choice.

Well, it really all depends what type of restaurant you are looking for and how much you want to spend. A couple good ones have already been listed.

We have eaten at Griswold's Tavern on Bellvue...great food and tons of it for a good price.

Now if money is no problem, and you are looking for a really upscale, no jeans, jacket required type of place then Castle Hill is the way to go.

sad but true ...no more christies..close 2 years go........a hotel an marina being built in its place....yes the Red Parrot,big menu,great drinks, also we forgot the Black Pearl..expensive but right on the Harbor....

My best friend's Mom lives in Middletown, right nearby. We go for a girl's with the kids week every summer.

We have wanted to go to Flo's but she remembers it is cash only...is that still the case. (And when we think of it we never have cash)

I think you can't go there without a trip to Newport Creamery for an "Awful Awful" or a cabinet.

For casual, we like to go to Anthony's (it's in Middletown I think) and get take out and then bring it to the beach. What is great for us there, we can get things the kids like and seafood for us. She took the all the kids there for April vacation and my DD devoured a whole Stuffed Quahog (sp?)

I agree with the Red Parrot and Brick Alley Pub (although the service wasn't so great, but it's been a few years). For breakfast you HAVE to try Charlie's Good Egg - they have the best omelet menu! The Newport Creamery was good for ice cream sundaes. Have fun!:thumbsup2

Just went to the Brick Alley Pub over Memorial Day weekend and it was great! Also, Christies and the Red Parrot are great! There was a brand new Christie's when we were there. The location of the restaurant changed slightly. We didn't eat there, but I would definitely try out in the future.

Another recommendation for Brick Alley Pub. We always eat there when we head to Newport.

LOVE The Red Parrot! It's been a few years since I was there last but it was great. I believe it has 3 levels. If you can get the top level it has a wonderful view of the harbor.

Have fun in little rhody!There have been excellent ideas for dining out.Now some other ideas-
1.You MUST do the cliff walk-or at least some of it!It can be done easily by all ages!
2.You MUST get a Del's lemonade from one of their trucks.Parked daily at Bretton Point.Drink it up-lemon rind pieces and all!!
3.Bretton Point!!!Drive down ocean dr. and keep going and going along the ocean! nice 15 minute drive takes you out to the bretton point state park area.Find a parking spot and get a lemonade and go let the surf spray you in the face!(grab some great beach stones and shells too!)
4.Across from the tennis hall of fame is a local fav Newport Creamery.Order an awful awful shake.
5.Tour some mansions.I LOVE the Breakers and Marble house best.For photo ops. the Elms can NOT be beat!!Take your family out onto the back lawn and snap away.Go under the 'trees' and explore!Do NOT forget the camera!!!!!!
6.Eat along the wharf.Lots of great places have been mentioned-Black Pearl,Mooring...

Have fun!!!Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter