Newport Bay Refurb

RoseBug

<font color=royalblue>I'm a Geordie, we don't own
Just seen some photos on another site of a refurbished corridor in the Newport Bay. Looks lovely.

Does anyone know anything else about the refurb? Such a shame it wasn't done a little sooner!

I don't think they have started yet, the photo's flying around are mock ups on what the corridors might look like.

I expect they will start to refurbish The Newport Bay Club once work has finished on the Sequoia Lodge and Santa Fe.

I agree it's about time, it's been in need of a full refurb for a few years.

I don't think they have started yet, the photo's flying around are mock ups on what the corridors might look like.

I expect they will start to refurbish The Newport Bay Club once work has finished on the Sequoia Lodge and Santa Fe.

I agree it's about time, it's been in need of a full refurb for a few years.

Oh okay, the photos I saw were from someone wandering around NPB and happened across the refurbished corridor.

I'm still looking forward to staying there, even without any refurb tbh!

They must have done one already. It would be nice to see what they do with the rooms.

Oh okay, the photos I saw were from someone wandering around NPB and happened across the refurbished corridor.

I'm still looking forward to staying there, even without any refurb tbh!

This sounds exciting.
Are they having people staying in this part of the hotel?
Do you have the link for the photos?

We go in just over a week too and really looking forward to it too:cheer2:

I've seen the recent posts and pictures of the new design and the corridor they have refurbished and I'm going in late October, just wondering does anyone know when they officially start it? :)

I don't know if they've officially announced anything yet. If you keep an eye on that thread on Magicforum I should think the dates will be posted on there once they're known.

I havn't heard that they have decided on the theming for the rooms yet - Peter Pan / Captain Hook was one of the rumours which would tie in well with the Nautical theme.

I know that guests staying in Sequoia Lodge were given a questionnaire asking if they had ever stayed at NBC and what theming they would like to see in the rooms there.

I was over there on Saturday and went looking for this corridor :cool1:

I first saw the corridors that lead to the convention center that are done out differently than the rest

004-9.jpg

Then following round a bit from that I came across this - you can see where the carpet and walls change over

005-4.jpg

This is in the middle of the corridor (sorry it's dark but I only had my phone and forgot the flash)

006-3.jpg

For the refurb I'm hearing not starting before next year after SF well advanced ;)

I havn't heard that they have decided on the theming for the rooms yet - Peter Pan / Captain Hook was one of the rumours which would tie in well with the Nautical theme.

I know that guests staying in Sequoia Lodge were given a questionnaire asking if they had ever stayed at NBC and what theming they would like to see in the rooms there.

Oh wow I really hope they do refurb with peter pan themes! That would be wonderful.

http://www.disneycentralplaza.com/t30116-renovation-de-l-hotel-disney-s-newport-bay-club

According to Arth (2nd and 8th post in the above) the rooms are

Une vraie théma "marine" bien plus détaillée que dans les anciennes chambres avec un mobilier très sympa et quelques touches Disney, ça et là. On a vraiment l'impression d'être dans une cabine de bateau !

A real "naval" theme much more detail than in the old rooms with furniture and very nice Disney touches here and there. We really get the impression of being in a ship's cabin!

There are only 4 completed at the moment

SPOILER

c'est essentiellement sur la tapisserie avec Mickey et ses amis dans des hublots. Sinon, il y a aussi de très beaux meubles en bois, et notamment une commode avec pleins de petits tiroirs, un peu comme dans une cabine de bateau. Et un écran plat bien sûr !

it is essentially on the walls with Mickey and friends in the portholes. Otherwise, there are also some very fine wood furniture, including a chest full of small drawers, a bit like a ship's cabin. And a flat screen of course!

Is due to be completed during the 2013/2014 tax year and could be starting from October :goodvibes

I've just merged the two threads together :)
Oh wow I really hope they do refurb with peter pan themes! That would be wonderful.
Too similar to the DLH if they did IMO. My choice would be Donald Duck.

If you'd like to know ..... read the spoiler in Carrie's post #11 above ^ ^

Thanks for the Central Plaza link Carrie - I have been too busy lately to browse that forum so hadn't seen it. Love the idea of the rooms and corridors being decorated and themed like cabins on the Disney cruise ships.

We often used to see Donald, Captain Hook and Mr Smee in the NBC ( although Hook always scared our DS2 ). Never heard anyone scream so loudly as DS did one time when Hook came up behind him in the lobby and tapped him on the shoulder...

I agree with Ware Bears that Donald would be a good choice of Disney Character theming for the NBC if they are giving a subtle one like Bambi in Sequoia Lodge rooms.

I havn't stayed in the NBC since 2009 so would change my hotel booking for December to the NB if there was a chance of getting one of the new rooms.

Thanks for posting the extra photos Carrie.

It's great to see that the hotels are finally getting the attention they need.

The corridors look great and the new rooms sound fantastic. I really hope Disney deliver on this because it's my biggest issue with the DLP.

We have always liked the white furniture and red / white / blue colour scheme in the NBC rooms. It always felt very light and summery. Even if the new design is lovely, part of me will still miss the original rooms.
Some very happy memories.

We have always liked the white furniture and red / white / blue colour scheme in the NBC rooms. It always felt very light and summery.
That's what appeals to us and why we chose Newport Bay over Sequoia Lodge - I expect the majority of DISers think we're mad to do that ;) but we prefer the look of the rooms and the overall appearance of the hotel, especially for a summer trip.

I'm really glad we did choose it now, just have to hope it's not too tired-looking!

1f81fde1.jpg

Just seen this on designing Disney Facebook thought you all might be interested in it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter