Newly Remodeled CBR rooms...disappointing?

With the new look being on the plain side, it makes the decor pretty timeless. It won't be out of date looking in a few years, and it's not gaudy. This seems to be the way they are going with refurbs, likely to stretch the time between refurbs.

We're booked for our first stay at CBR next month and I'm crossing my fingers for a refurbed room. (Me and everyone else, lol.) I like the sliding door between the sink area and the beds, that will block more light/noise than a curtain for the adults to get ready in the morning if kids are still sleeping.

With the new look being on the plain side, it makes the decor pretty timeless. It won't be out of date looking in a few years, and it's not gaudy. This seems to be the way they are going with refurbs, likely to stretch the time between refurbs.

I agree. I quite like the new neutral decor. Getting rid of the outdated wallpaper borders and the garish bedspreads was overdue. The curtains and bed runners give the room all the colour it needs, and can easily be swapped out as desired. So happy to see the final results looking every bit as good as I had hoped they'd be.

I understand the much needed upgrade to queens and the new pull down trundle bed at CBR, but why, oh, why did they take away all the color from the room???
Am I the only person who thinks the new rooms are dark, and lack color? :sad2:

I agree with you. To me, those rooms are the ones they should have put in the Poly, excuse me, the Polynesian Village Resort. The re-do there is just plain tacky looking. I wish they would have stuck with more vibrant colors at CBR.

I am very glad they added the sliding door between the sink and the sleeping area. That is one of my favorite things about CSR, and now CBR will have it too!

I like the refurbed rooms, but I am not Wowed by them. An improvement overall, however., and tastefully done, IMO

Love having the queen beds and wooden divider between the sinks and bedroom!

I don't need the room for 5 guests, but I am glad to see the additional option for those that do.

To be honest, i've never been interested in staying at CBR before because I hated the rooms. Knowing they would be refurbished, I booked for November. :cool1:

I don't know how I feel about the color (or lack thereof), but I think the furniture is a big improvement over the super-light wood with pineapple accents they had back when we stayed there!

Wow....I hate them. I find the lack of color not in fitting with the resort theme.

I loathe modern/contemporary interior design. Ugh. Those faucets are awful. It doesn't feel Caribbean anymore.

The rooms definitely needed a refurb, but this is not what should have been done, IMHO.

To be honest, i've never been interested in staying at CBR before because I hated the rooms. Knowing they would be refurbished, I booked for November. :cool1:

My sentiments exactly. I was so disappointed when I could only get CBR for free dining because of the tacky rooms. At least I have a glimmer of hope for an updated room.

I live the sliding door and the dark wood, but needs more wall decor. It seems a little too bland.

Wow....I hate them. I find the lack of color not in fitting with the resort theme.

I loathe modern/contemporary interior design. Ugh. Those faucets are awful. It doesn't feel Caribbean anymore.

The rooms definitely needed a refurb, but this is not what should have been done, IMHO.

I agree. Yuck.

I absolutely LOVE what I've seen from the pictures of the remodelled rooms so far. We were debating POR or CBR for our next stay and as we stayed at POR (loved it!) last time we'd like to try something new. The rooms decor (and of course the double beds) was the only thing turning me off this beautiful looking resort. Now it just seems like the perfect spot to stay before a Caribbean cruise - a theme if you will. :yay:

I think the green and orange runners on the beds are hideous. CBR is our favorite resort but I don't care for the new look of the rooms.

We never considered staying at CBR before mainly becuase of the beds, but have enjoyed CSR twice and are trying POFQ next trip. These new rooms are very attractive though! While not as bright as before, I think they still have a touch of fun with a touch of class too. I will definitely be putting CBR on our list of resorts to try now.

What put me off the other resorts was the dark wood, dark decor and dark bedding. What is it with Disney and black furniture? It's depressing! In fact, from watching umpteen Extreme Makeover Home Editions, I'd say the whole of America has this thing about dark wood. It's not a British thing, at all.

I liked the light wood furniture at CBR. Our room didn't have the Nemo borders on the wall; the only nod towards Nemo was the bed runner. Other than that, our room was bright, light and cheerful.

There's rattan everywhere - great dust-catcher, is rattan! And dark green and orange? Seriously?

This is why I'm not bothered whether we get a refurbished room or not come March.

Does anyone know which buildings have been upgraded to queen size beds or is that renovation already complete? Also, will/do all of the rooms have the trundle beds?

Thanks for your help!

I think the green and orange runners on the beds are hideous. CBR is our favorite resort but I don't care for the new look of the rooms.

Yeah, the avocado and rust colors threw me off. Not a fan of the drapes either. The first time I saw a pic of it I thought of the Brady Bunch episode when they go to Hawaii. It's just too similar to retro Poly for me. Maybe it's better in person?

I do like the bathroom, white linens and the light fixtures. It looks clean and fresh.

I just would've preferred the same vibrant color palette as the buildings - coral, aqua, yellow - not cartoonish but cheerful! It defines the theme of CBR over the earth tones of Poly, AKL and CSR. :beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter