Newly Remodeled CBR rooms...disappointing?

Col.W.Deering

Earning My Ears
I understand the much needed upgrade to queens and the new pull down trundle bed at CBR, but why, oh, why did they take away all the color from the room???
Am I the only person who thinks the new rooms are dark, and lack color? :sad2:

I really like the new rooms. They are just like some of the deluxe resort rooms we have stayed in the real Caribbean. Somebody did their homework. The buildings still have the bright colors but now the rooms have a more deluxe feel to them.

I understand the much needed upgrade to queens and the new pull down trundle bed at CBR, but why, oh, why did they take away all the color from the room???

I have to agree with the pp's in that I like the new rooms. The new decor isn't as colorful as what was in there, but it seems Disney kept to the theming of CBR, unlike some of the deluxe resorts that have recently been redone.

I actually like the new look of the rooms but they definitely seem darker than before. They remind me of the refurbed CSR rooms, which I love but they seem to have more of a pop of color than CBR.

I actually LOVE the look of the new rooms! We have stayed at CBR the last two times and we agreed we would try something new this time...and for a while I was really torn bc I wanted to go back to CBR for those rooms! They remind of the poly rooms...for a lot less lol.
Trying AKL and BC this trip but I know we will be back at CBR eventually (hopefully soon!) to check out those rooms!

I'm with you. :thumbsup2 Very disappointed in this look. (It also reminds me of the old Poly rooms which I really didn't like. LOVE the new Poly look.)
Oh, well. Too each their own. Just glad we ended up not choosing this resort for our next trip. :goodvibes

I really like the new rooms. They are just like some of the deluxe resort rooms we have stayed in the real Caribbean. Somebody did their homework. The buildings still have the bright colors but now the rooms have a more deluxe feel to them.

I agree! I love the look of them and cannot wait until Marathon Weekend to experience them first-hand!!!

I love the look of the new rooms! I found the old CBR rooms to look outdated, and more "Floridian" than "Caribbean". I never wanted to stay there. But after seeing pics of the new rooms, I plan to book a bounceback for next year!

I also LOVE that they added the Murphy beds. We are a family of 5, and we have been so limited in affordable lodging at Disney. Now we have 2 moderates to choose from! :)

Yes, you're the only one.

I thought the old rooms were terribly decorated. I'm really not trying to insult anyone when I say that. The new rooms look sooo much better! Yay!

Now if I can just pull myself away from my precious PoR.......:scratchin

I thought the old rooms were terribly decorated. I'm really not trying to insult anyone when I say that. The new rooms look sooo much better! Yay!

Now if I can just pull myself away from my precious PoR.......:scratchin

Be careful if you do, you may not be able to go back. We haven't been able to. :)

Seeing more pics, I actually love the new decor! It does remind me of Poly now that I saw more photos. I love the sink faucets!

CBR is our least favorite resort, however, the new rooms are really nice IMHO. And now that we are about to be a family of five, having another option is nice and we might have to take another look! I do love the Mickey image over the Murphy bed. Adorable!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter