Newest Free Dining Pin - details?

So when you call in for the PIN I would like to know... Are you people sweet talking the people on the other end? Would this help? Hehe. Because I've called a few times and the most helpful person I got began asking a bunch of question but once I mentioned I've been there a few times, he didn't seem to inclined to help.. Like he knew I'd be back anyways! Hehe

Is there anything I should do/avoid to get this PIN or is it seriously just calling and asking, that's working the magic?

Thanks!
:goodvibes

So when you call in for the PIN I would like to know... Are you people sweet talking the people on the other end? Would this help? Hehe. Because I've called a few times and the most helpful person I got began asking a bunch of question but once I mentioned I've been there a few times, he didn't seem to inclined to help.. Like he knew I'd be back anyways! Hehe

Is there anything I should do/avoid to get this PIN or is it seriously just calling and asking, that's working the magic?

Thanks!

I just called... told them that I was an Annual Passholder and that I was getting impatient waiting for an AP rate for June and asked if there were any pins available for us.

I'm sure that the offer had nothing to do with our APs, so I would call and ask!

I booked a moderate hotel using the PIN and thought I would share my experience:

When I called to book I asked to redeem the PIN with QSDP. The CM said that I had a choice between QSDP and Disney Dining Plan. This did not make sense to me so I asked are they both free? and she said yes. So I went for the Disney Dining Plan because the value was higher and I thought I was getting it completely free. No mention of an upgrade fee.

When she quoted the price to me it was higher than what I had calculated on my own and I asked again whether the Disney Dining was free and again she said yes. So I booked it.

I then double checked my calculations and I kept coming up with a lower amount than what I booked. I called back and found out that I was in fact charged an upgrade fee for the Disney Dining Plan.

It is only $110 but it just wasn't worth it to me, based on my calculations, so I had them change it back to Quick Service Dining Plan which is totally free.

The cast members were very friendly but they are still in sales and I was glad I had done the math on my own.

Chances are the cast member just didn't know. Half of them barely understand much of it. Glad you paid attention.:dance3:

Thanks!

Same thing happened to us when DH called. He mentioned about PINs as nicely as he could, told them we would book a trip if we had one, and basically got back "there are some other special offers on our website and the room % discounts will only decrease as the dates get closer (so basically book now!)".

I'm completely confused. I received a Lady and the Tramp postcard yesterday with a free dining PIN. The headline states "for arrivals most nights 4/23-8/13/11." But then the details state that it is good for the Quick-Service Plan for value or moderate resorts for 6/3-8/13; or the regular plan for Deluxe or Villa resorts from 7/17-8/13. Huh? If that's true, then how can it be good for "most dates 4/23-8/13" when neither of those situations begin until June or July?

Naturally, we're going in May...so it appears that we can't take advantage of this offer.

I would call anyway. You never know. In the past I have received offers that had blackout dates, but then was able to get the discount for those times. Godd luck.
Donna
I'm completely confused. I received a Lady and the Tramp postcard yesterday with a free dining PIN. The headline states "for arrivals most nights 4/23-8/13/11." But then the details state that it is good for the Quick-Service Plan for value or moderate resorts for 6/3-8/13; or the regular plan for Deluxe or Villa resorts from 7/17-8/13. Huh? If that's true, then how can it be good for "most dates 4/23-8/13" when neither of those situations begin until June or July?

Naturally, we're going in May...so it appears that we can't take advantage of this offer.

Chances are the cast member just didn't know. Half of them barely understand much of it. Glad you paid attention.:dance3:

Sorry but I am going to vote they knew exactly what they were doing. They have to meet quotas and getting you to book something now is the name of the game. There is no way she didn't know what she was doing.:rolleyes1

I got that postcard too, but never noticed that the dates don't make sense. I would call and complain and they may give you something.

"for arrivals most nights 4/23-8/13/11." But then the details state that it is good for the Quick-Service Plan for value or moderate resorts for 6/3-8/13; or the regular plan for Deluxe or Villa resorts from 7/17-8/13. Huh? If that's true, then how can it be good for "most dates 4/23-8/13"

I got the same card and I think the dates above just refer to the sample prices listed for a family of 4...since Disney has so many seasons the sample is based on the dates mentioned. The card clearly says 4/23-8/13...so May is included...hope you decide to call and can use the Free Dining..it's a great deal!!!!

Sorry but I am going to vote they knew exactly what they were doing. They have to meet quotas and getting you to book something now is the name of the game. There is no way she didn't know what she was doing.:rolleyes1

That makes no sense at all! The higher the dollar amount the reservation the closer to the quota. AND the guest is happier because they get what they want. What math are you not doing?? I have yet to meet an agent who isn't willing to upsell within the DRC knowing they get paid an incentive based on those very numbers. The agents are actually required to upsell. So this agent was just ignorant not only of the policy but the value of her own job.

I got the same card and I think the dates above just refer to the sample prices listed for a family of 4...since Disney has so many seasons the sample is based on the dates mentioned. The card clearly says 4/23-8/13...so May is included...hope you decide to call and can use the Free Dining..it's a great deal!!!!

You are right. Not a single blackout date within the offer. :goodvibes

Oh no - they know exactly what they are doing. Did they add insurance too - because they do that automatically.

We got this postcard and we are traveling 4/30-5/3 and we were able to use the pin for free dining. I first booked QSDP but when I realized I wanted at least one table service while we are there, I called to see what it would cost to upgrade. Its was $87 more to get the Regular Dining Plan which gives us 3 TS meals. The one TS OOP would have cost more then $87 so I upgraded.

That makes no sense at all! The higher the dollar amount the reservation the closer to the quota. AND the guest is happier because they get what they want. What math are you not doing?? I have yet to meet an agent who isn't willing to upsell within the DRC knowing they get paid an incentive based on those very numbers. The agents are actually required to upsell. So this agent was just ignorant not only of the policy but the value of her own job.

I think maybe my sentence was worded poorly because we were saying the same thing.. perhaps I should have said "getting you to book the highest amount.. and book it now"

Sorry you misunderstood.

Oh no - they know exactly what they are doing. Did they add insurance too - because they do that automatically.

Yes, but as I stated above: The higher dollar amount the better for any agent. What person would refuse a guest the opportunity to willingly pay more? Not one with a job.

Travel insurance is assumptively sold through out the travel industry. Disney is no exception. The insurance Disney sells is fairly comprehensive and its not as exspensive as most so its not completly insulting. Just politely decline and move on.

I think maybe my sentence was worded poorly because we were saying the same thing.. perhaps I should have said "getting you to book the highest amount.. and book it now"

Sorry you misunderstood.

Just be sorry of poor word choice.

TDC Nala:

I have been told numerous times from Agents to call back to see if someone cancels so you can get a room with my expired PIN. We booked at SSR in Jan. and then changed because a family member couldn't go a week ago. The family member then could go and I called back a few days later and was told there were no more PIN rooms left. They said to keep calling to see if someone cancels. So are they lying to me? Has anyone been able to call back and get a room when they have told you before there a none left? Does it help to plead with a supervisor? Thanks!

sorry... "are" none left.

It makes sense to me that they go back into the non-discounted pool of rooms as I would be shocked that someone called in the meantime and snagged our PIN room we cancelled. I guess it could happen but it makes more sense that they just go back into the pool of rooms still available at full price. I guess I will keep calling them and asking till we are 45 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter