newbie to ecv...

plumeriainseattle

Mouseketeer
Need some advice! I am new to using an ecv. After looking at what I would be spending to rent in wdw and on the ship to rent, combined with a weekend rental last month for our state fair, I decided to purchase one. But, I need some advice on how it will be able to get around the world. Is it easy to get on the bus with? Boats? Monorail? I don't want to hold up the rest of my group and am starting to thinking maybe we should just schedule a car service anytime we need to go from resort to a park or vice versa. I am good at driving it, but, haven't gotten to practice loading it onto a bus or boat.

I am also a little worried a out using it on board our cruise on the DREAM. We got an accessible room, but, the hallways, the restaurants, pool area, etc. I am hoping they have some ecv parking.

Also, what do you use as a cover to put over the scooter in case it rains? I can't find a rain cover anywhere. Garbage bags?

Thanks guyz

Please do not park in the hallways of the ship. They are very narrow. You will have plenty of space to park in your room on both the ship and WDW. I am going by the fact that you said you had an accessible room and I hope that means on the ship, too. You can get an ECV in a regular room at WDW, but not on the ship.

In the rain, just wear a large poncho to cover you and the ECV. I take a couple of extra cheap ponchos (think 2 for $1) and keep them in the pocket on the back of my seat cover. They are always handy. I keep my regular poncho there too. If I needed to leave my ECV in the rain (and I haven't yet) I can cover with a poncho.

I drove my ECV into the restaurants and the server parked it and brought my key to me. Then he would go get it when I was ready to leave. I keep my key on a coiled band that I can wear on my wrist. It keeps it handy and I don't lose it.

I didn't go to the pool because I have problems with the sun and a low auto-immune system, but I am sure you could find places to park. Just be sure to park far enough away that it won't get wet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter