Newbie to DCL forum :)

MA pigletfan

DIS Veteran
Hello!!
So my boyfriend and i are playing around with teh idea of a land and sea vacation next year :) ..so excited!
My question is this: Have any of you just booked a regular 4 nighter THEN stayed at WdW after? I know there is not a pre-made package that way but i was just wondering if this is feasible or if any of you have done this.
I really had my heart set on the cruise THEN wdw...
Thanks for your input!

I'm actually doing this in December!
Going on the Dec 7-11 Mousefester cruise, then catching DCL transport to Pop Century to stay till the 13th, then DME to the airport.

Sometimes you can book it cheaper than the combo deal DCL offers, plus it allows for some flexibility if plans change.

I perfer to do WDW first then to do a 7 day cruise. Many folks choose to visit both DCL & WDW, some visit WDW before, some after, and some do both, before and after. I did one land and sea package but have booked them individually ever since. Enjoy

Welcome to the DCL forums! We've often booked our WDW potion separately. It allows you great flexability.

We are going on our 2nd 4 night cruise in August. The closer it has gotten, the more we wished we had booked land & sea. Due to our vacation time it is only possible for us to do WDW after the cruise portion. I did some looking around on the internet & we were considering a 4 night stay at PopCentury after because it was about the cheapest. My DH called DCL and to ask about transportation and it turns out they do have a "package" for after. We got a 4 night stay at Swan & Dolphin added to the end of our cruise. Quite a jump in accomadations & we were able to add on all of our transfers etc. We also arranged a precruise hotel night so we could fly in he day before because I was so worried about missing our bon voyage! It ended up costing about the same to stay at Swan & Dolphin as I was able to arrange for Pop Century. Maybe you should talk to DCL. Can't hurt to ask! Good Luck!

Welcome to the DCL forums,

I personally think that it is better to spend the first part of your vacation at WDW and then enjoy and relax while cruising on the Wonder or the Magic.

Hope this helps

I believe that you can book a package through DCL where you go to WDW after your cruise. It's just not advertised on your website.

I think you'll find though that most people book their cruise and WDW stay seperately, and don't use the Land/Sea package. As someone else said, you have more flexibility with where to stay, what to do , etc...as well as the fact that usually when pricing it out this way, you can come out with a better deal.

Welcome to the boards!! We prefer to do WDW first also. We did 6 nights at WDW and then a 4 NT cruise this past August and had a wonderful time. You will in most cases also find it cheaper to book this way and have many more options also. :)

how helpful!! i will certainly keep you posted as this pans out ( hopefully!)..i am sure i will have a ton more questions! :)

We like to do WDW after the cruise (we book on our own and not thru DCL). We are so depressed when we have to get off the ship that we need something to look forward to before heading home and back to reality!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter