Newbie... Running with friend. Can we run together?

Lynzer4

DIS Veteran
I'm new to rundisney. A friend and I will be doing th 5k next week. Can we run together? We had to register seperate. Is there a way to get in the same corral?

Last edited:
The faster one (or the one in the "faster" corral) can go back to be with the one in the "slower" corral. Can't go the other way.

Have you looked up your bib numbers on the rundisney princess page? Should be under Runner Info and then Corrals. That will show you how close your numbers are so you have at least a hint of how far away you are. At packet pickup you'll see that your bibs will show your corral letter. So if one of you is an A and the other is C, you both start in C. If one is in C and the other E, both in E. :)

Just like bumbershoot said, can only move backwards. And Disney is really serious about it! All corrals are gated off and each persons bib is checked upon entering their corral. You may hear stories of someone moving forward but it's very very rare and I still don't know how they manage it. I had to enter and exit the corral a few times (nervous nelly bladder, ha ha) and there were always people trying to get in, and I was pretty far back (didn't submit a time and neither did my friend). She was in two corrals ahead of me but moved back to run with me! Good luck and enjoy the race!! It's going to be amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter