Newbie questions

kimmyann

DIS Veteran
I know that I will be on here alot until our trip....yes, it's a year away, but we are very excited. My youngest DD is a HUGE Harry Potter fan so this will be epic for her. So, forgive me for asking questions but I think I will have a few. Btw, we are not new to theme parks, just Universal. We have our own Busch Gardens here in VA that we have season passes for. We have been to the Busch parks in FL & Disney. So with that said I know the deal of getting there early to ride what you really want, but have a few questions so far.

1. How many days? We will want to ride everything! I'm thinking 3 days should be good. (one day at each park then the third day to use at both parks to do anything we miss)

2. We plan on renting a house for the week. Is there any issues with going early (at opening) then leaving mid-day & coming back in the late afternoon? (esp with parking)

3. Harry Potter! I've heard it can be crazy crowded. What is the best plan of attack? I've heard at night, but I have also noticed the park closes much earlier than I thought it would.

4. Any other suggestions would be great. Granted I have a year to plan (we go in June 2013), but I really love planning.:love:

Thanks

I think you're pretty golden except for Harry Potter staying on site or booking a package with off site hotel is really the best way to go. You get into the WW 1 hour earlier than non-resort/package guests. Parking is not an issue just show your receipt when you return. 3 days sounds good to me though! :)

Getting the express pass is critical - great benefit of staying onsite. You pretty much walk onto the rides with no wait. At least that was my experience last week. My family was able to do pretty much everything, and some favorite rides multiple times, in two half days, believe it or not. And we didn't kill ourselves, either. Got there at noon, covered the Universal Studios side, then got to IOA the next day at 8 am, did Harry Potter and all IOA rides, rode a few more back on the Universal Studios side again, and were back over at Epcot by 1PM.

Thanks for the responses. For the cost & my sanity we must have a house to rent so staying onsite is out of the question. My kids are too old to cram in a hotel room, even if it is a suite. Plus, my DH started a new job this year & has to start at the bottom for vacation time, he only gets one week next year & I want the time out of the parks to be relaxing for him. I know that makes it more difficult, but hopefully it is doable. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter