• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Newbie questions (Not routine)

jamlingsherpa

Earning My Ears
I am new here.

I have booked by trip to DL on 12 February through 16 February.

I have a few queries:

1. I am arriving in CA via Amtrak. I know the railway station is on Katella, on the other side of the I-5 motorway. I am staying at the Clarion Anaheim Resort hotel (the one next to the convention centre). I plan on taking a taxi to the hotel. How much would taxi hire be? How hard would it be to walk to the hotel from there?

2. My primary goal when visiting DL is to meet Tarzan. Is he available at DL? What about Terk? Also, Is Sulley at the park? Where would be the best location to meet him?

3. I am concerned about visiting DL in February. How is the WX there? I have also read about the massive amount of rehab that is taking place. Is it worth it to go then?

Sorry about all the queries!

jamlingsherpa said:
I am new here.

I have booked by trip to DL on 12 February through 16 February.

I have a few queries:

2. My primary goal when visiting DL is to meet Tarzan. Is he available at DL? What about Terk? Also, Is Sulley at the park? Where would be the best location to meet him?

I have never seen Tarzan out before, only Jane. I have taken a ton of pictures with Terk at the Storyteller's Cafe character Breakfast though.
I see Sulley a lot in the backlot at DCA.

3. I am concerned about visiting DL in February. How is the WX there? I have also read about the massive amount of rehab that is taking place. Is it worth it to go then?

February of 2005, we had wonderful weather, wore shorts almost every day. February of 2006, it rained for 3 of our 4 days, but I would have been fine in it had I not had an infant with me. The rest of our group threw on ponchos and had a blast.

Sorry about all the queries!

Hope this helped a little, I have no clue about your first question, sorry!
Andrea

It has been awhile, but I have seen Tarzan at his treehouse in Adventureland. I would send an email to Disneyland and ask if he is out for pictures and autographs.

"2. My primary goal when visiting DL is to meet Tarzan. Is he available at DL? What about Terk? Also, Is Sulley at the park? Where would be the best location to meet him?"

I have also seen him at the treehouse! and in the parade!

1. I am arriving in CA via Amtrak. I know the railway station is on Katella, on the other side of the I-5 motorway. I am staying at the Clarion Anaheim Resort hotel (the one next to the convention centre). I plan on taking a taxi to the hotel. How much would taxi hire be? How hard would it be to walk to the hotel from there?

wow I remember my first real trip to Disneyland was on the amtrak...I stayed in Santa Ana though at a Howard Johnsons...they were such nice people that managed that hotel...I remember my daughter getting very sick the morning we were going and we both were crying thinking we might not get to go and it was very early in the am and she was like 5...the motel took me in their shuttle to the store to get her medicine and the manager went up to the room and sat with my daughter and brought her juice and stuff...she was great...but getting back from strolling down memory lane here....yes you can take a taxi and its around $7-$9 if Im not mistaken

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter