Newbie questions about logistics

Rivka

Earning My Ears
We are checking in to the Coronado Springs Resort on October 19th for our first ever trip to WDW. I've been researching, but there are a few things I'm not sure about.

1) We have a reservation for a water view room, and I would really like us to be in the Cabanas. I would prefer not to be in the Ranchos. I understand that there are no guarantees, but can you still fax the resort to make requests for your room assignment? Is faxing the only way to do it? Can you e-mail?

2) I remember hearing something about fridges being removed or exchanged. Can I count on a fridge in my room, or not?

3) If you order groceries to be delivered to the hotel, can you have them delivered any time on your arrival day? Does Bell Services have a way to keep cold items cold, and if so, will they do that automatically or do you need to make special arrangements?

4) Will Garden Grocer deliver beer or wine to Bell Services, or does the guest need to be present to show ID?

Thanks to anyone who can help us out with these questions!

1) We have a reservation for a water view room, and I would really like us to be in the Cabanas. I would prefer not to be in the Ranchos. I understand that there are no guarantees, but can you still fax the resort to make requests for your room assignment? Is faxing the only way to do it? Can you e-mail?

There are only 2 WDW resorts that still read and act upon faxed requests, POR and POFQ. There is no mechanism to email them either. The preferred method is to call the main reservations number and have any room requests added to your reservation.

2) I remember hearing something about fridges being removed or exchanged. Can I count on a fridge in my room, or not?

I believe they are still working on CSR, but I have read that all resorts should be completed within 2-3 weeks.

3) If you order groceries to be delivered to the hotel, can you have them delivered any time on your arrival day? Does Bell Services have a way to keep cold items cold, and if so, will they do that automatically or do you need to make special arrangements?

Yes, you can have them delivered anytime. Yes, Bell Services will keep any items refrigerated that need to be.

4) Will Garden Grocer deliver beer or wine to Bell Services, or does the guest need to be present to show ID?

You will need to fax them a copy of your Driver's License and you're good to go.

Awesome! Thank you for your quick response. It's especially helpful to know about not faxing a room assignment request anymore, because I found a very precise and complicated set of instructions to follow and it would have been a lot of work for a waste of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter