Newbie Questions about DCL Transport and PAT

Girlie1

DIS Veteran
First time cruiser. My DS12, DS8 and I will be travelling on the Dream from6/30-7/4. :dance3: We will be flying in 2 days before the cruise and will be staying at BLT. I believe that I can sign up for DCL Tranport to Port on the Disney Cruise Line website and I know it is $35 each way per person. So here are my questions:

1. What time does DCL transport typically pick you up at the WDW resorts?

2. How do they handle the luggage transport from WDW resort to Port?

3. I see everyone talking about PAT but since I am travelling DCL transport is it necessary for me to go on-line on 4/16 to sign up/check in or does Disney decide my PAT since they will be transporting us?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give me. We are very excited for our first cruise!! :banana:

First time cruiser. My DS12, DS8 and I will be travelling on the Dream from6/30-7/4. :dance3: We will be flying in 2 days before the cruise and will be staying at BLT. I believe that I can sign up for DCL Tranport to Port on the Disney Cruise Line website and I know it is $35 each way per person. So here are my questions:

1. What time does DCL transport typically pick you up at the WDW resorts? The busses generally pick up between 11:30=12:30. Each bus will pick up from no more than 3 resorts, depending on how many people from each one are going to the port.

2. How do they handle the luggage transport from WDW resort to Port? You will be directed to leave your (checked) bags inside your room at the resort for pickup (usually around 8:00 am). They are transported to the ship on a truck, and you won't seen them again until they arrive at your room onboard (usually by 5:00, but occasionally later).

3. I see everyone talking about PAT but since I am travelling DCL transport is it necessary for me to go on-line on 4/16 to sign up/check in or does Disney decide my PAT since they will be transporting us? Yes, you still must select a PAT in order to complete your online checkin. Your PAT is tied to the actual boarding number you receive at the port.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give me. We are very excited for our first cruise!! :banana:

See my answers in red.

:cutie:

You will get a letter in your room on the last full day with precise times.

Luggage pick up 8:00-8:30 from your room. You don't need to be there, just leave the bags with the DCL tags on them by the door. Place any carry ons that you don't want them to take in another location without tags.

Your departure will be between 11:30 and 12:30 with port arrival about 1:30-2:00. You'll check in and board with no waiting. You will be asked to be at the "meeting point" which will be specified at about 15 minutes before the scheduled departure. They just check off names on a list. DO NOT be late--the bus will not wait for you. That said, plenty of time for a character breakfast or whatever on the last morning.

You'll need to select a PAT because people do change their transportation plans. However, it won't matter what time you select if you ride a DCL bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter