Newbie Question re BLT

TheMickey5

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am trying to figure out why I can't get a room at BLT on the DVC site when I can go to WDW site and reserve one by paying cash. Does WDW hold back rooms for non DVC people making cash reservations?
Thanks for any help you can give me!

The cash rooms are from a f=different set of rooms than those for points unless it is less than 60 days out in which case their is a possibility it could be available for points. For the most part the cash roms are either trades out for other options from BLT owners (cruise lines, other Disney hotels, ect) or they are rooms that DVD owns and will not need for maintenance at the time of the visit- if you look at the FAQ sticky this should be explained in greater detail.

common example:

DVC Joe trades out 500 pts for a cruise. DVC makes a deal with the cruise line to pay for Joe's cruise, but needs cash to pay off the cruise division. DVC takes the 500 pts and books DVC rooms with those pts and offers them for rent through CRO (the wdw site, as you call it).

so in that case, those rooms are already being paid for with pts. and that is why you cannot book them AGAIN with pts.

would believe you - except - got told that BLT did not trade out enough for Disney to share the profits - like OKW and SSR.

so why are there so many BLT that Disney is trying to rent?

it is either one or the other - since BLT is sold out.

common example:

DVC Joe trades out 500 pts for a cruise. DVC makes a deal with the cruise line to pay for Joe's cruise, but needs cash to pay off the cruise division. DVC takes the 500 pts and books DVC rooms with those pts and offers them for rent through CRO (the wdw site, as you call it).

so in that case, those rooms are already being paid for with pts. and that is why you cannot book them AGAIN with pts.

Finally, an explanation that I understand. I had the same question as the op. I had called DVC about it and did not understand their reasoning. I thought it was just some excuse for them to make more money.

Thank you for the explanation! It makes sense now. :thanks:

Thank you so much! That makes sense to me now. Guess I will just have to keep looking and hope something comes available.

BLT will see some let up in bookings once VGF open up... then there is the rumored Poly ones!!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter