Newbie- My story

farmerbach21

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, but like all of you I can't get enough Disney. I'll try to give a magical recap of my disney trips.

I'm 32 years old, married and two children. I am a dairy farmer in Northern New York. It can get cold so dreaming of traveling south is always on my mind. We have made reservations for All-Star Music, Feb 15-23. This will be my 8th trip, my wifes 5th trip, and my childrens 4th trip who are 8 and 10. I think they may be spoiled.

My first trip to Disney I was about 5 years old, I got lost for an hour. We were staying at the polynesian. My sister and I were playing on the playground. My parents ???, I still don't know where they went. I had to go potty, my sister wanted me to go behind a bush in the playground, and I said no, so I went to the resort building and you needed a card to get the doors open and I did not have one. By this point my sister stayed at the playground who was 7. I remember walking down an alley and a cast member who was serving stuff behind the counter asked if I needed anything and I told him my story and he grabbed me from over the counter and pulled me to his side of the counter. Later we found my parents. Needless to say my parents divorced when I was 11. My mother lived in celebration florida, and always meets us in Disney when we go. She now lives in Lake Mary and drives the hour to meet us at the parks.

When I was 16 for my third trip my mother took us kids to the Disney campground for 2 weeks. It was a lot of fun rollerblading between the campground and wilderness lodge.

So finally my life began when I met my wife. I met my wife in 8th grade, we were 14 years old. That was 18 years ago. We just celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. Where did we go on our honeymoon??? Disney of course.

We were married 11 days after Sept. 11 2001. We were suppose to fly to disney. You couldn't get anybody on a plane. So we drove, and have driven the 1400 mile one way trip every time. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside.
We also did the 3 day cruise.

On our fifth trip, we finally got the kids out of the baby stage and had enough money to start the disney thing again. We went a month before my daghter turned 3 so it woud be cheaper. The funniest moment happened on that trip, we were getting our picture with donald duck. My wife was holding our daughter next to donald. My daughter screams out, "He's going to bite me" Well donald can't close his mouth, we have it on picture and will never forget it.

On our 7th trip I wanted to renew our vows at disney but it was to expensive. So I decided to repropose to my wife. Because I proposed to her origionally at McDonalds. So I had to one up myself at Disney. We took my wifes parents with us on that trip(which I payed for). They watched the kids at the resort and we went to MK. I wanted to propose in the rose garden but there was a lot of people. Around the castle it was all taped off, preparing for a show. There was a cast member standing at the rope. I asked her If we could go up the path, she said no. I showed her the new engagement ring I had bought and she let us go up the path. When we went around the corner to my astonishment we were standing at the wishing well with no one around. So thats where I did it. Told her how great she is, etc.

We try to go on a disney trip every 2 years. Being a dairy farmer I work 3:30 am to 6:00 pm every day 365 days a year. So every other year I take 12 days and we go to the most magical place on earth.

Lastly our trip in Feb we are going with our best friends and their two children it should be interesting. We have hit disney from every angle. I would like to retire and move to florida and work at disney. I'll be the old guy that sweeps and gets asked a million times where is this place. Can't wait.

Thank You thats my story.

welcome-1-1.gif

00pxt.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter