NEWBIE :)--MK Feb 2013

lsythes

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
A co-worker recommended this board, and like many, I've now become addicted.:) Here are our stats:
Me: first trip to DW in over 25 yrs
DH: never been
DD5: never been.

We will be landing 2/19~5:30pm, doing ME to POP. We will have park passes for 2 days (no hopping) and will be spending 3 nights at POP. After that, my folks, who live about an hour and a half away (we live in western NY) will pick us up, and we'll spend a few days at their place before we go home.

DD is a princess nut. Here is out plan. Tell me what you think! Please!
1st night--hang at hotel, dinner at DD or another resort (suggestions???)
Day 1--MK (we have ADR at CRT for 2pm)
Day 2--MK (CS lunch at BoG :cool1:)
Morning of Day 3--get picked up by my folks

We were going to go last year, but we put it off so most of the new Fantasyland would be done, for my princess nut. :) We will probably do rope drops each day.

Please, please--any tips on what order we should do things? I'm sure there are tons of things I don't know. I'm a little overwhelmed! :blush: We will not be doing fireworks b/c DD doesn't like loud noises like that. Do you think we should bring a stroller? She just fits in the one we still have.

Thanks for all the wonderful posts! I'm already learning a lot. :)

Hi and welcome!!

I can't really recommend anything to you since our trip in July 2013 will be our first with a child (2 years old). But your itinerary sounds fine to me!

I noticed you're from Rochester, NY. So am I!!! :)

First of all WELCOME!!!

The first night that you will be staying/no park. Depending on how much $$ you are willing to spend and what kind of food that you prefer you have a lot of choices. First of all POP has a pretty good food court. As far as other resorts go, Whispering Canyon Cafe can be fun for a child. Your already doing CRT so I wouldn't recommend another character meal, unless you like the buffet, if so you could always go to Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fair. There are other good restaurants at the resorts. As far as DTD goes, Rainforest and T-rex seem to be loved by the kiddies. Earl of sandwich, Wolfgang puck express are good options. Don't for get there are some places to eat at the boardwalk also.

As for the stroller: you know your child. If your not sure, I would take it/or you could rent one if needed. I have seen kids of all ages riding around in those strollers.

Welcome!! This will be my family's first trip in 15 years so I'm not much help with itinerary, but my mom did remind me of something from when I was little enough to fit in a stroller for if your family WOULD like to see the fireworks without all the loud noises. The Transportation Center (TTC) may be a good place to watch them. Hop the monorail from the MK and hang out for the fireworks then head back to the motel. From the TTC you should be able to hop a bus back to Pop, if not then ride the monorail back to the MK and hop one of the buses from there.

I hope your DH and DD have great first trips!

Hi everyone!
A co-worker recommended this board, and like many, I've now become addicted.:) Here are our stats:
Me: first trip to DW in over 25 yrs
DH: never been
DD5: never been.

We will be landing 2/19~5:30pm, doing ME to POP. We will have park passes for 2 days (no hopping) and will be spending 3 nights at POP. After that, my folks, who live about an hour and a half away (we live in western NY) will pick us up, and we'll spend a few days at their place before we go home.

DD is a princess nut. Here is out plan. Tell me what you think! Please!
1st night--hang at hotel, dinner at DD or another resort (suggestions???)
Day 1--MK (we have ADR at CRT for 2pm)
Day 2--MK (CS lunch at BoG :cool1:)
Morning of Day 3--get picked up by my folks

We were going to go last year, but we put it off so most of the new Fantasyland would be done, for my princess nut. :) We will probably do rope drops each day.

Please, please--any tips on what order we should do things? I'm sure there are tons of things I don't know. I'm a little overwhelmed! :blush: We will not be doing fireworks b/c DD doesn't like loud noises like that. Do you think we should bring a stroller? She just fits in the one we still have.

Thanks for all the wonderful posts! I'm already learning a lot. :)

:cool1: Welcome fellow Diser, looks good to me! :thumbsup2 If your Husband don't mind, have him carry your DD on his shoulders. I did for the first 5 years and I had just as much fun as she did watching everythng from up high. Plus my DD had fun guiding me through the people traffic..:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter