Newbie milesource questions

SuziDisney

Earning My Ears
Hi all. New to your site, hope you don't mind my joining in. I have been trying out the milesource program and wondered if someone could answer some questions for me. I am thinking about using my am's for either $25 off Marriott or $25 of Delta airlines. Can anyone tell me if I can use more than one certificate at a time? I mean for like a Marriott stay, could I use two $25 off for the same stay? Also, do the rewards have expirations? Because I was thinking of using them for our mother/daughters trip next year, so If I cash out some am's now, can I save the rewards? Thank you so much to anyone who can help me out with this:) Oh, I saw that someone had mentioned the "mystery mile"? I haven't been able to find it. Where should I look?

I'd like to be the first to welcome you to the Dis Boards. I have used two gc (gift certificates) at the same time, but not with either of these retailers. I walk into OG (Olive Garden) with 4-5 gc sometimes and have never had a problem. :bounce:

Not sure about the answer to your question but just wanted to say, welcome

Hi SuziDisney and welcome to the Disboards. This is a great group on the Rewards Forum and I have learned do much from them! I hope that I can help you.

When you cashout at Milesource for the $$ off Marriott, Hertz/Avis car rental or the $$ off Delta awards, they send you a GC code that you must use with their Travel Agent. This may not be something that you want to do. I'm not altogether convinced that their travel agent will work to get me the best possible deal on airfare or a room. Note that the airfare is "$25 off any airfare of $249 or more on Delta Airlines". Were you planning on spending that much?

I think that you would be better off cashing out for a GiveAnything GC and then getting Marriott GCs thru them. I'm pretty sure that those GCs are stackable (meaning that you can use more than one at a time). You could also get Hyatt GCs, restaurant GCs, and retailers like Macy's and Eddie Bauer.

To see a list of what you can get from GiveAnything.com thru MileSource do the following:
  • Click on Cash in Awardmiles
  • Under Sort by Category, click on Gift Certificate.
  • Under the $25 Gift Certificate, click on Check Out.
    [*]A new window will open up. Click on #2 Shop at the Store.
    [*]The window will change displaying all the merchants that you can get GCs from. All GCs are in $25 increments.

Be aware that in order to cashout for those GCs, you must first cashout for the generic GiveAnything.com GC and then wait for MileSource to send you the GC code via email. Once you have the code, you can then request your GC. All of this can take a lot of time. MileSource is not too good when it comes to customer service.

My son cashed out in January for a $25 GiveAnything GC. It took 4 weeks for the code to arrive. He then made his GC order and he still does not have his giftcard. The site had said to wait 6-8 weeks for its arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter