Newbie here....would like help with flights to WDW

taylorreann

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I've been lurking for awhile and just wanted to say that this is an awesome site and as a first timer going to Disney World with my family :woohoo: , this site has helped me so much with my planning.

I have been looking for flights to Orlando from Toronto in September and I found one with Sunwing for $290 cdn per person (taxes included i think) and I was just wondering if this is the best deal I am going to get or should I wait a bit before booking it. I did find something in the same price range to fly out of Buffalo however flying out of Toronto would be alot more easier for me and my family.

Thanks!

I'm a newbie too and this site is invaluable!!!
Do you live in Toronto? If so, thats' a pretty good flight price.
If you're closer to Detroit, flights on SpiritAir are $89 one way. I've flown Spirit before and it's great. No problems at all. Parking is about $10 per day.
Hope that helps!:)

Hi Sheryl,
Thanks for the quick response. Yes I do live in Toronto. We would need to rent a mini van to drive to ethier buffalo or detroit as there is six of us going. So I figured after renting and figuring out how to go about all that stuff, we should just fly out of Toronto as it would be much more easier and as it being our first trip. I might wait a little longer to see if I can find something cheaper but from what Ive been seeing, it seems like a pretty good deal.

I'm looking for flights for October, and all they have are sunday flights. Is that the only service they offer to Orlando or is it just too far off? Anyone know?

Welcome to the DIS! :wizard:

I have been looking for flights to Orlando from Toronto in September and I found one with Sunwing for $290 cdn per person (taxes included i think) and I was just wondering if this is the best deal I am going to get or should I wait a bit before booking it.

Generally speaking, round trip flights from Toronto to Orlando are anywhere between $330 - $600 Canadian (taxes in).

In my opinion, considering the fact that the low end of $330 is only found on seat sales, if you are lucky to find anything cheaper; GRAB IT! ;)

I flew Sunwing myself back in September and I had no complaints. :)

Sometimes it's cheaper if you fly during the week and not on weekends (fri sat sun) so if you are flexable and can travel during the week you might save some money if that is an issue for you. We also use travel sites like Orbitz and Expedia when we book. We save money because we usually go on airline down and a different one coming back so you save money because you are willing to fly 2 different airlines so you may want to check those too!!

Is that the only service they offer to Orlando or is it just too far off? Anyone know?

Sorry, only service.

Of course they could decide to add more flights as it gets closer, but it's not likely.

I'm looking for flights for October, and all they have are sunday flights. Is that the only service they offer to Orlando or is it just too far off? Anyone know?

I just went through the same thing for flying out of Pearson and they had flights that left during the week, but they are expensive. I finally booked a flight out of Buffalo for $800 cheaper than from Toronto.

Just make sure you're covered in the event of airline events...use your credit card, book through a TA, maybe...just to cover all bases.

And really read the fine print...if there's bad weather, and a flight is cancelled, they'll cheerfully refund your money...but then what do you do?

Charters are great, cheap, and generally reliable...but when they aren't, they really, really aren't.

One flight per week, means, one flight per week.
There isn't a "later" flight to catch to get you to your vacation.

Have a look at www.kayak.com as well. Great search engine:)

HTH!!
:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter