Newbie here, need opinions/help for fall eastern carrib cruise

Kcags

Mouseketeer
I am planning our first Disney cruise for my whole family (will be booking 4 rooms). I have a few questions.

1. Is it really worth it to go through a TA? I like booking my WDW myself because I have control but this is whole new ball game for me.

2. Can I choose our rooms? If so, what deck is best? I want an oceanview with a larger window. We have a few who are sensitive to motion sickness.

3. What are the dining times? Do they allow you to dine anytime?

4. Looks like we'll be on the Fantasy. Any tips for this ship? Fun things?

Any tips are appreciated for booking/rooms/dining. Thanks so much!

Last edited:
1. Whether or not to book through a travel agent is a matter of personal preference. You may be able to get some special deals like onboard credits through a travel agent that you can't get if you book it yourself.

2. Yes, after you choose a class of rooms (inside stateroom, oceanview stateroom, verandah stateroom, etc), you will have an opportunity to choose your room. If you have folks who are very sensitive to the ship's motion, midship lower decks are best.

3. There are two dinner seatings each night, 5:45 and 8:15. They also do each broadway-style show twice each night. So if you have early dinner, you see the show afterward. If you have the later dinner, you see the show first.

4. There's lots of great stuff on the Fantasy. Impossible to list it all here, but one thing the Fantasy has that no other ship has is the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. If you have any little princesses in your party, they can get a princess makeover ranging from makeup and hair to the full princess dress and tiara. And for Pirate Night, little princes can transform into Blackbeard or Captain Jack.

Whether you use a TA is up to you. For me a puddly $25 or $50 credit is not worth giving up control - I like to play around and sometimes move my cabin. I don't want to have to get in touch with someone and wait to hear back. Others would not go without a TA. Just realize that you do put some limits on what you can do if you use one.

I like 8B cabins, but keep in mind the larger portholes are going to be far forward and aft where there will likely be more movement. As long as a cabin is not in GTY status you can select it.

Dining is like 5:45 and 8:15 (I think on the early...I only do late). For the main dining rooms no, dinner is NOT anytime dining. That is another cruise line.

Fantasy is a great ship! Enjoy the CaribBEAN.

I am planning our first Disney cruise for my whole family (will be booking 4 rooms). I have a few questions.

1. Is it really worth it to go through a TA? I like booking my WDW myself because I have control but this is whole new ball game for me.

2. Can I choose our rooms? If so, what deck is best? I want an oceanview with a larger window. We have a few who are sensitive to motion sickness.

3. What are the dining times? Do they allow you to dine anytime?

4. Looks like we'll be on the Fantasy. Any tips for this ship? Fun things?

Any tips are appreciated for booking/rooms/dining. Thanks so much!

1. All depends on the person. I like to book my own vacations. but im sure there are pro's to booking with a TA.

2. If youre worried about motion sickness, pick the most center-point in the ship. Im sensitive to motion sickness but i didnt get sick on the cruise. I figured the 7th deck, a room right in the middle, was the most center-point of the ship. It was the best room! So quiet. Not rocky. It was perfect.

3. We picked first seating. Its the most popular one. late seating has fewer kids and is less crowded, but it sure is late. I cant digest food that late. but to each their own.

That is really a bummer that I can't get the larger window in the middle of the ship! And the early dining would much better suite us. Thanks.

1) We have used two different travel agents, based on whatever perks they are offering. I used Dreams for an extra $100 credit and thought they are awesome, On the next cruise I used Costco and received a $240 Costco cash card on return. That can add up for four cabins. Once you hit the 75 day mark, you will go online yourself and book your Port Arrival Time (PAT), excursions, etc. If you decide to use a TA, go online and start a reservation. You will be able to see what cabins are available. Just be aware your play online could put a hold on the cabin for a short period so don't hang up and call the TA right away. For me it didn't feel much different using a TA than booking direct.

3) MDR dining times are set. Cabanas will also be open if you miss or don't want your dining time one night. Cabanas is the buffet but offers table service in the evening. There are threads on which dining time is best.

Have fun planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter