Newbie help

littleangie

DIS Veteran
so me and hubby are wanting to go to the fort. I know you can reserve 499 days in advance ( that's what I read on here). How do u do that? Is there a deposit? Help I really want to try the fort but unfortunately it's booked full according to the Disney website when we are wanting to go. Please help your my only hope! No one we talk to camp at Disney.

Welcome to this forum. If you are trying to get a reservation at the far end of the time spectrum you need to call Disney Directly to do it. If website is stopping you from making a reservation for a sooner time frame CALL DISNEY directly often they have more up to date info than available to general public. You can keep trying to call (best time earlier in the day ie 7am EST for best chances)
Feel free to ask any questions you may have someone most likely has the answer more than likely from personal experience or we'll make up answer you'll find amusing

They will take a deposit. IIRC they will take a deposit at the current rate, think it might be the average of one night of your stay, and when the new rates come out for the time of your stay they will adjust it. So if the current rates are say $100 for the first two nights and $125 for the second two nights of a 4 day stay they will charge you $112.50. If the rates adjust up to $110 for two nights and $135 for the second two the new rate for the deposit is now $122.50. Not sure if they just take another $10 or if they credit you the original $112.50 and the make a new charge for $122.50 or not.

Yes we were going to make our reservation now for April 2018 but our Disney expert and friend at CAA (AAA) called Disney and said 2018 bookings won't be available until June 2017 for us. Like Jimsig said above, they just won't know what to charge so his explanation makes sense to me.

littleangie,

Are you trying to book a room-only reservation for 2017 or 2018?

If it is a 2017 date you want, if it appears full online then it probably is full and you would have to keep checking online or calling to see if a cancellation happened and there are now vacancies.

If it is a 2018 date you want, the Disney online system is not yet ready to accept reservations online because 2018 rates are not yet available. Rates for the next calendar year are set in summertime and once they are set, the online tool is updated and the 499 day rule applies there too. BUT - you can call and make a 2018 reservation within the 499 day rule TODAY but you have to CALL. You will be charged for one night as a deposit at the current 2017 rates and once the 2018 rates come out, your reservation will convert to those and you will owe the 2018 total less the deposit paid.

2018 packages either called or booked online have to wait until 2018 rates are set in summer - just the way it is with packages.

It has been this way for a couple years and applies to the Fort as well as the other WDW resort hotels. Here on the Camping Board and the Resorts board, the chatter will start once we get close to time for the next year's rates.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I have made a number of reservations at 499 day out mark and CM at other end of the line always knew what price to give as the required deposit. I add at least $100 to that and have never had a problem

We made reservations for next February/March 2018 by a telephone call ONLY. The CM charged us for a one-night reservation. Although made about three months ago, this was only about 420 days out. As others said, it has to be by phone call until the new rates are published. Good luck, you will love it at the Fort.

Okay I know this will probably make me sad but do you think that maybe a full hook up site will open up for the week of Halloween (10/30-11/6) of this year? I know this is a busy time of year and me and hubby finally decided on dates.

There will be cancellations. You just have to be the one to snag them. Call, call, call and :surfweb::surfweb::surfweb:.

Halloween is a popular time and typically books up 10-12 months in advance so like 2goofycampers said, keep checking. You might be able to get it put together in pieces (two days here, three days there, so on).

Christmas to New Years is another time frame that fills up about a year early.

Bama Ed

As a reminder, packages have to be paid in full 2 months before arrival. That 2 month window seems to be when there will be a larger number of cancellations, but I still wouldn't wait until then to start calling.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter