• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Newbie help!

BettyBoo29

Mouseketeer
Hii, I'm new to all if this but I am proud to say Me and my boyfriend have our very first trip to Disney next September! We are staying in the quality inn down I drive and we figured we probably won't be spending all that amount of time in it. I could do with a few tips, where to buy tickets from? We know we want the all in one tickets and also discovery cove but it is like a mine field out there! Good tips in general for Florida? I really want to go to a beach while in Florida to have a chill out day by the coast, looking at maybe cocoa beach or Daytona? We won't be hiring a car so is there any shuttle buses to any of the beaches? We LOVE our food and not picky eaters at all, I really want to go to a proper American Style Diner, anyone know of a good one? Also if anyone has an itinerary I can have a glance at? We want to do most of the parks (I'm not fills convinced on sea world) but definatly all of Disney and universal and im a lover of water parks too :-) Thanks for your help! Beth

Hello and welcome! You will get answers more easily asking your questions on the specific boards per topic.

Tickets - there aren't really many deals unless you are a FL resident. You can get a few bucks off at Undercover Tourist. But study the ticket options carefully and ask questions so you know what to get and what the features and limitation are of each type. Since you love water parks get a ticket that includes them.

You don't say how long your trip will be but post your itinerary questions to the Parks board. There are a lot of tricks that can optimize your time in the parks and you should avoid "early entry" days at specific parks when Disney hotel guests get in an hour early. One park each day could already be crowded when you get there.

There are no shuttles to beaches unfortunately. You can rent a car for a day from many locations around WDW. The hotel plaza hotels across from Downtown Disney are a good option. I rent from Dollar when I need to. They will pick you up and drop you off but it's also across the street from the Marketplace bus stop. Daytona is big fun and commercial, Cocoa is lower key. I prefer the gulf beaches myself, warmer and no rough surf. I go to Honeymoon Island State Park.

WDW is a food lover's paradise AND a food trash dump at the same time. Most counter service is burgers, pizza and chicken that does not do much for me. There are exceptions, though, like Flame Tree BBQ which I find great. Go to the restaurants board and ask where to eat based on your tastes. Sit down restaurants are almost all great, but vary in value. For a diner experience, that's a tough one. There are few places that are similar at WDW, like Prime Time Cafe or HollyWood & Vine, but there might be something even better around International Drive. Worth looking around on Google: I put in "Orlando diners" and there's a ton to consider.

Hope that helps!

Welcome! I'm excited for you to have a first experience in the parks! If you would like it, send me a PM, I have itineraries from quite a few band trips I've brought kids to Disney with. Usually 1 day for MK, 1 day for EPCOT, 1 day for Animal Kingdom/Hollywood Studios. They have lists of don't miss attractions, etc.

If you're planning on eating nice at least one night, make sure to make a reservation ASAP. Tour the restaurant forums for great tips on what places to check out.

file.php

Welcome to DisBoards BettyBoo29 :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter