NEWBIE Help! Early May travel with teen

TinkerSouthernBelle

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I know all about WDW but NOTHING about Universal!:confused3:confused3:confused3

I need some help. Trying to plan a Sweet 16 birthday trip in early May for 3 nights (Thur-Sun). Mom with 2 teens in travel party.

Will be flying down. Please tell me if any discounts on packages? Best places to stay with a budget. Do we need to be "on site" like at WDW? I hate staying offsite at WDW but maybe its ok for Universal?

Also, main reason for going is of course...Harry Potter. Any tips there?

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

If you stay on site you will pay $$$$ but get through the lines quicker with their special pass.

My recommendation is pay the $ for an off site hotel and visit their website to see attractions. Check out Harry Potter during the week and early!

Crowds should be fine but you can go to www.universalorlando.com and look at packages.

They sell both Harry Potter and Getaway packages for onsite hotels that include early entry to the Wizarding World.

The day with the lowest crowds at IOA is actually Sunday.

I would really recommend staying onsite. When you stay at one of Universal's three onsite hotels - Royal Pacific, Hard Rock or Portofino, you receive what is equivilent to Disney's fastpass with your hotel stay. It allows you into the 'fastpass' (or express as it is know at Universal) line all day long. It is priceless!! Now all rides do not have the express - Flying Journey in Potter land doesn not have it, but most do. Also staying onsite, will allow you to enter Potter land one hour early. You'll be able to get a jump on all the off site people this way. Again, priceless.

You mention not liking staying offsite at Disney well then I don't think you'd like it at Universal either. Staying onsite at Universal makes everything so much more accessible. Staying at one of the three onsite hotels makes you just a quick boat ride or walk away from your room and pool. You'll love staying onsite for its express pass, early entry and convience.

Make sure you get a birthday button (at guest services) or buy a birthday hat (cute ones in gift shop for major attention) for your daughter's birthday. She may get a little extra special attention! :goodvibes

I would really recommend staying onsite. When you stay at one of Universal's three onsite hotels - Royal Pacific, Hard Rock or Portofino, you receive what is equivilent to Disney's fastpass with your hotel stay. It allows you into the 'fastpass' (or express as it is know at Universal) line all day long. It is priceless!! Now all rides do not have the express - Flying Journey in Potter land doesn not have it, but most do. Also staying onsite, will allow you to enter Potter land one hour early. You'll be able to get a jump on all the off site people this way. Again, priceless.

You mention not liking staying offsite at Disney well then I don't think you'd like it at Universal either. Staying onsite at Universal makes everything so much more accessible. Staying at one of the three onsite hotels makes you just a quick boat ride or walk away from your room and pool. You'll love staying onsite for its express pass, early entry and convience.

Make sure you get a birthday button (at guest services) or buy a birthday hat (cute ones in gift shop for major attention) for your daughter's birthday. She may get a little extra special attention! :goodvibes

Great advice! :cool1:

Hi,

I know all about WDW but NOTHING about Universal!:confused3:confused3:confused3

I need some help. Trying to plan a Sweet 16 birthday trip in early May for 3 nights (Thur-Sun). Mom with 2 teens in travel party.

Will be flying down. Please tell me if any discounts on packages? Best places to stay with a budget. Do we need to be "on site" like at WDW? I hate staying offsite at WDW but maybe its ok for Universal?

Also, main reason for going is of course...Harry Potter. Any tips there?

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

For a sweet 16 birthday party celebration, how could you NOT stay onsite?

you will be thrilled and love staying onsite.
the perks for onsite guests are very good.

the teens can be at the park without you and without any worries if you need to take a break and do the pool alone.
the hotels are so close to the parks.

i have been doing my motherland and darkside stays yearly since 1993.
i stay at both resorts over a 16 day period.

it is well worth it.

i have only used a package one time due to the promo it was.

it is cheaper to book room, tickets separately.
buy your park tickets from UT.
call the reservation number and ask the TM to go through all the prices and/or promos that are available.

when i book disney, the CM's do not give me all the info on promos that are out or will be coming out.
when i book with universal by phone, the TM will tell me which promo would be cheapest for me.
they don't hold back on trying to get the best deal for the customers.

stay on site.
your kids will think you are a goddess...........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter