newbie going Dec 3 - 8

silverstar

Earning My Ears
Hi as you can see I am new to all of this! First time for our family of 4 going to DL! We are from Alberta, so any and all advice would be great (esp from fellow western Canadians)

We booked through CAA. We are staying at the Candy Cane Inn. We have 4 day park hoppers booked for the monday to thurs of that week. We also paid for a Goofy's kitchen dinner, but have not yet made the reservation.

So I have a few questions:

1. How busy should we expect it to be?

2. When can we start making meal reservations and what number do I call for that? Do they have a toll free number?

3. We might like to eat at the Rainforest cafe as well. Do they take reservations?

4. Breakfast will be at the CCI so we don't have to worry about that, but do you have any suggestions for other great places to eat. Not too expensive?

5. What will the weather be like? What should we pack?

Ok that is probably enough questions to ask for now. HA HA!

Any and all advice would be great! Thanks a bunch!

silverstar said:
Hi as you can see I am new to all of this! First time for our family of 4 going to DL! We are from Alberta, so any and all advice would be great (esp from fellow western Canadians)

We booked through CAA. We are staying at the Candy Cane Inn. We have 4 day park hoppers booked for the monday to thurs of that week. We also paid for a Goofy's kitchen dinner, but have not yet made the reservation.

So I have a few questions:

1. How busy should we expect it to be?

2. When can we start making meal reservations and what number do I call for that? Do they have a toll free number?

3. We might like to eat at the Rainforest cafe as well. Do they take reservations?

4. Breakfast will be at the CCI so we don't have to worry about that, but do you have any suggestions for other great places to eat. Not too expensive?

5. What will the weather be like? What should we pack?

Ok that is probably enough questions to ask for now. HA HA!

Any and all advice would be great! Thanks a bunch!

1. Beginning of December shouldn't be too bad. I've been there the week of Christmas and it wasn't that bad.

2. You can make reservations 60 days in advance. And call 60 days in advance! I'm not sure of the number, you can go to disneyland.com

3. I believe they do

5. Most likely the day will be cool and the night cold. Layers are the best so jeans, tshirt and sweater. If its too warm for a sweater then just put it in a locker.

Have a good time!

Hi and congratulations on your trip. You will love it. We are from BC, and have been three times. We went in Sept. and Oct., and it wasn't busy at all (except for last year - the 50th). The Unofficial Guide lists the time of year you are going as the least busy, so it should be uncrowded. My sister went early December, and said it was very uncrowded. As far as inexpensive places to eat, I would recommend Mimi's on Harbour, by the Howard Johnson. It is about a 7 min. walk from Disney, and the food is good. Portions are very large, and sharing is almost mandatory. Enjoy your trip! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter