Newbie Cruiser Please Help - Questions!!

clairelly

Mouseketeer
Hi

Getting very excited for our forthcoming cruise on the Dream :goodvibes

Just couple of questions if anyone can please help:-

1) How much luggage are we allowed to take on board and are there any weight restrictions?

2) We are watching the shows first then dinner after - I'm wanting to 'dress up' for dinner, will I look daft watching the show dressed up or does everyone do this?!!

Ooh, one last question, where can you eat at lunchtime other than Cabanas.

Many, many thanks.

:goodvibes

I'm not sure about the luggage limits but you'll look fine in whatever you wear at the shows - I dressed up for dinner every night and felt just fine wandering around in a nice dress at 5:30. There was a real mix of styles - some people were dressed up, some in more casual looks - noone looked out of place.

As far as I know there are no weight restrictions for luggage while onboard the ship.

As far as dressing before the show - that's what I did on our DCL cruise on the Magic and it's what I plan to do in 2 weeks for our voyage on the Dream.

Safe travels and enjoy your trip!

You will have options for lunch other than Cabanas. One of the dining rooms will be open (not sure which one it is on the Dream), in addition to the counters by the pool which serve chicken tenders, hot dogs, pizza, etc.

Enjoy!

The luggage limit is set to 2 bags per person (not including carry on)

Hi

Getting very excited for our forthcoming cruise on the Dream :goodvibes

Just couple of questions if anyone can please help:-

1) How much luggage are we allowed to take on board and are there any weight restrictions?

2) We are watching the shows first then dinner after - I'm wanting to 'dress up' for dinner, will I look daft watching the show dressed up or does everyone do this?!!

Ooh, one last question, where can you eat at lunchtime other than Cabanas.

Many, many thanks.

:goodvibes

The luggage limit is set to 2 bags per person (not including carry on)

While DCL requests 2 check-ins per person (and that's how many baggage tags they send to you), there is no set limit, and you get extra tags at the port. Remember, you will need to store empty bags in your room during the cruise. No limit on the carry-ons, either, just remember, you need to manage them until you get to your room.

That said, it's not difficult to pack. After you lay out everything you think you need to pack, put away 1/2 of it.

DH & I did a 24 day DCL cruise with two checked bags, and 2 carry ons. And we had FE gifts, participated in all the dress up/theme nights, and only did laundry 3 times during the cruise.

:cutie:

DCL's written policy is 2 checked bags per person but I have never seen that enforced in 22 DCL cruises or heard it being enforced.

As a first time cruiser you may find the info at this link helpful as well. Have fun planning!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter