Newbie - bus question

mom2cgj

DIS Veteran
I've searched the threads, but can't find the information I'm looking for, so I apologize if this is a repeat!

We are going to WDW in late Jan., staying at AoA. This is our first trip, and I am confused by the bus times. The AoA info on the web says buses start running an hour before park opening. But the parks open at different times with the EMH, so which park time do they go by? The earliest? And we are hoping to do a character breakfast, is there an earlier bus for those or do we just have to plan a later breakfast? Obviously, I'm new at this! :)

First of all :welcome: to the DIS!

The buses start running at 6:30AM. Depending on how early your ADRs are, the first couple buses should get you there in time. A good peice of advice is to let the Concierge at AoA know you have an early ADR and where it is.

If you were planning on an early character breakfast at one of the resorts, a cab is sometimes a better idea. The buses do not run from resort to resort.

FYI, there is a transportation board that is super helpful once you have details of where your ADR is and what time.

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

I've searched the threads, but can't find the information I'm looking for, so I apologize if this is a repeat!

We are going to WDW in late Jan., staying at AoA. This is our first trip, and I am confused by the bus times. The AoA info on the web says buses start running an hour before park opening. But the parks open at different times with the EMH, so which park time do they go by? The earliest? And we are hoping to do a character breakfast, is there an earlier bus for those or do we just have to plan a later breakfast? Obviously, I'm new at this! :)

Welcome to the DIS!!

Our experience has been that the buses only go to one park. So.... if the MK is opening at 8:00am the buses for that park would start running at 7:00. If EPCOT opens at 9:00, the buses for that park would start at 8:00, and so on. If you are doing an early character breakfast, your best bet would probably be a taxi.

I hope you have a GREAT trip!

mom2cgj said:

Each park has its own bus, so each park bus coincides with that park's hours and its schedule. Park buses run less often for early morning ADR's, but start at 6:30 am. Leave yourself plenty of time to wait for the bus, and check in at the gate to confirm you are there for an ADR before the parks open.

You will find a great deal of info about all of the forms of transportation board. Enjoy your first trip!

Welcome to the DIS!!

Our experience has been that the buses only go to one park. So.... if the MK is opening at 8:00am the buses for that park would start running at 7:00. If EPCOT opens at 9:00, the buses for that park would start at 8:00, and so on. If you are doing an early character breakfast, your best bet would probably be a taxi.

I hope you have a GREAT trip!

Actually ALL of the buses from resorts to parks start at 6:30 regardless of park opening. If a park opens earlier (say 7 am for Christmas week at MK, then that bus would start even earlier)...rest of the year you can count on the buses starting at 6:30 AM.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter