Newbie...1st attempt at a plan

jenn22

Earning My Ears
It is me, DH, DD (5...thinking about Space Mtn) and DS (1) Going the first week of December. I need some "veteran eyes" to tell me if I am missing something or could make this better!:confused:

Thanks!

Day 2

Arrive for RD
I will get FP for Space while DH rides standby to check out for DD. Get the parent swap pass
Me and the kiddos ride Astro-Orbiter (While DH on Space)
All ride Buzz
Return to Space for swap, my turn! (Before or after Buzz????????)
Ride TTA
Monster's Inc? (Should we do?)

Go to Toontown and hopefully make it there by opening???????(Is this realistic with above plan?)
Depending on crowd may do all (Mickey/Minnie/Hall of Fame)

Take RR over to Frontierland
FPV to Splash or BTMRR, whichever is our fav from the 1st day
Ride Haunted Mansion
Maybe explore Tom Sawyer Island or ride POTC
Use FP for Splash or BTMRR

Grab another FP for something and eat Lunch (hopefully before 11:30)

After lunch use FP we got before, maybe some fillers, shop then BREAK!(maybe grab some more FP before we Break!)

After dinner: use FP, repeats, walk around...

This day seems a little harder to plan for me. It's a flexible plan though...we'll see what the day brings.:confused:

Arrive for RD
I will get FP for Space while DH rides standby to check out for DD. Get the parent swap pass
All ride Buzz
Ride TTA

Go to Toontown and hopefully make it there by opening???????(Is this realistic with above plan?)

No way. Even on a very slow day you wouldn't be able to get all of that done by 9:45.

And I've heard that it's best to be in line by 9:30 for Toontown opening.

I think each of you doing Space with parent swap is about as much as you could accomplish by 9:30

Ride Haunted Mansion

If you're in Toontown till 10:30, I don't think you can possibly accomplish all of that by 11:30. Your Fast Pass that you pick up for Splash or BTMRR (at probably about 10:50) probably won't be good until about 1:00 or so.

You could probably get only one attraction (Haunted Mansion, Tom Sawyer, or Pirates done by 11:30 after the train ride and the FP collection).

Sorry to be such a wet blanket. I'm usually an optimist on what can get done, but this one is too optimistic for me! :)

No way. Even on a very slow day you wouldn't be able to get all of that done by 9:45.

And I've heard that it's best to be in line by 9:30 for Toontown opening.

I think each of you doing Space with parent swap is about as much as you could accomplish by 9:30

If you're in Toontown till 10:30, I don't think you can possibly accomplish all of that by 11:30. Your Fast Pass that you pick up for Splash or BTMRR (at probably about 10:50) probably won't be good until about 1:00 or so.

You could probably get only one attraction (Haunted Mansion, Tom Sawyer, or Pirates done by 11:30 after the train ride and the FP collection).

Sorry to be such a wet blanket. I'm usually an optimist on what can get done, but this one is too optimistic for me! :)

That's ok...that's what I am looking for. Realistic advice!

If we cut out Toontown could we do it?

Do Tomorrowland then head to Frontierland before lunch?

There is no way you'll get all of that done.

When I did my plan, I blocked out the day in 30 minute increments. I allotted one attraction to each 30 minute block. It worked out about right.

I think it is great to have a plan. I love having a rough plan of the day, but overplanning, i.e. order of riding rides...that is hard to do...I give a rough plan to my family each day of which park we are going to and the dining plan for the day, and everyone tells me where they want to head to first and we get a gameplan going...I have dd14 and ds3...and of vourse, my dh35...and we wing it all day...I think sometimes overplanning each step is to hard on the kids and it is supposed to be fun...don't stress yourself out with a timeline, you will have more fun with a structured outline!!!! IMHO

If we cut out Toontown could we do it?

Do Tomorrowland then head to Frontierland before lunch?

Don't think so.

Here are my time estimates --

9:00 Space/Astro
9:15 Space--second parent
9:30 Buzz
9:50 TTA
10:10 Monsters Inc
10:40 Train to Frontierland
11:00 Pick up Splash or BTMR Fast Passes
11:05 Haunted Mansion OR Pirates of the Caribbean OR Tom Sawyer
11:35 Lunch

Hmmm.....you're going in December and at a time that doesn't seem busy. I'm not an expert, but we went just recently (2 weeks before Easter) on a rainy day - busy time but slower that day b/c of the rain...and we walked on most rides, barely a wait. I say - relax and enjoy yourself and you'll get done most of what you're trying to get done.

Not sure if Space Mountain will be open in December - does anyone else know?

I agree with that timeline. Actually with young kids I might add 5 min to each of those and 20 min for a potty break.

Skip Monster's until later in the day, it is a great sitting in A/C break. Or get out of the rain break. Or just sit break.

TTA is another one you don't really need to use up your prime morning time on, it is almost always a walk on.

Space Mountain will be closed from April 19, 2009 until November 21, 2009 for refurbishment.

I agree with that timeline. Actually with young kids I might add 5 min to each of those and 20 min for a potty break.

Skip Monster's until later in the day, it is a great sitting in A/C break. Or get out of the rain break. Or just sit break.

TTA is another one you don't really need to use up your prime morning time on, it is almost always a walk on.

Good advice here.

Don't think so.

Here are my time estimates --

9:00 Space/Astro
9:15 Space--second parent
9:30 Buzz
9:50 TTA
10:10 Monsters Inc
10:40 Train to Frontierland
11:00 Pick up Splash or BTMR Fast Passes
11:05 Haunted Mansion OR Pirates of the Caribbean OR Tom Sawyer
11:35 Lunch

This is MK day #2, yes?

Are you re-riding before you do things you missed on day #1?
I am guessing morning #1 was Fantasyland. I hope.

It MAY be faster to all go into the queue for Space, ride/swap/ride/exit and then go straight to Astro together. Even on a slow day the line for Space is going to build crazy fast because it was closed for so long. The swap pass will not make it a walk on, it cuts a lot of the wait but not all of it (and it cuts more of the wait if you enter the line together and wait in the exit area, unless they change it up with the rehab).

Without launching into a full-blown overplanning lecture, I'll just say that with young children, you'll have the most fun if you remain flexible and focus on fun instead of focusing on rides. You're going to have a 5 year old in Disney; let her joy be your guide.

It is me, DH, DD (5...thinking about Space Mtn) and DS (1) Going the first week of December. I need some "veteran eyes" to tell me if I am missing something or could make this better!:confused:

Thanks!

Day 2

Arrive for RD
You will not need to get a FP is you are using parent swap. You and DH should walk up to the front of the line together. Since you are going at rope drop it will not take more than a minute or two. If you have a child that is too small for space mountain, the CM will give you a parents swap before you enter the building and it is good for one adult and up to two additional companions to go in the FP line later on. That would take care of you and your DD if she chooses to ride. Your DH will continue in the standby line. That would allow you to grab FP for Buzz while you are riding Astro and DH is riding Space. The beauty of the parent swap is that it doesn't need to be used right away. You have ALL day, so go do other things and save it for when the lines are too long for other things or you are waiting to use another FP. That will speed things up for toon town
All ride Buzz
Return to Space for swap, my turn! (Before or after Buzz????????)You can use this at any time. We like to save it for when one parent is resting or taking a bathroom break with the kiddos
Ride TTA I love this ride, but this never has a line and can be done at any time
Monster's Inc? (Should we do?)I think this is a cute show, but I have never had to wait long for this, so I would not do this first thing in the morning

Ride Haunted Mansion

After lunch use FP we got before, maybe some fillers, shop then BREAK!(maybe grab some more FP before we Break!)

This day seems a little harder to plan for me. It's a flexible plan though...we'll see what the day brings.:confused:

I made some comments in bold above. My only concern is that it seems like you are doing rides/attractions that are never busy in the first hour or two. I know this is your second day, and I would do Space right off and get the parents swap. Astro Orbiter and Buzz should be done early. My kids have been 6 times and we always have to do Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pans Flight, the Tomorrow Land Speedway, Dumbo and the Tea Cups more than once. I would consider holding off on using your parent swap for Space until later in the day so that you could ride some of those things early in the day. Yes, get to Toon Town as soon as possible because the lines are crazy long later.

Thanks!

Day 2

Arrive for RD
All ride Buzz
Ride TTA

Ride Haunted Mansion

:eek: Thats One Packed Day!

I've been going to disney for my whole life and I havn't ever been able to do all that in 1 day. Since you have little kids (5year old and 1yearold) I sugest you slow down the pace a bit. Nobody likes a cranky crying kid as they try to make their way around the packed MK In a busier time of year:headache:. I suggest taking a break in the middle of the day (Go back to the room and nap!) Unless you have a tall 5 yearold like my brother was you wont make the height requirements for Space Mountain, and maybe BTMRR and Splash. Your 1 yearold cant make most the rides, so you will have to split alot. Skip Astro Orbiter, Your 1 yearold will not beable to get on Astro Orbiter. But Laugh Floor would be fun for your 5 year old. :rotfl2:(Its funny for the whole family!)

When using fass pass, you are given certain times when you can go get other fasspasses, so you probually won't beable to get as many fastpasses as you plan. Ride POTC, because Tom Sawyer isn't all that fun.

Buzz Lightier, Toon Town and HM will be perfect. TAKE YOUR KIDS TO FANTASYLAND!!!!! I promise you wont regret going! Winnie the Pooh, Snow White, Phanasmic, Dumbo, They all are perfect for smaller children.

I Hope you have fun, but please, Plan a nap time!

: Your 1 yearold cant make most the rides, so you will have to split alot. Skip Astro Orbiter, Your 1 yearold will not beable to get on Astro Orbiter.

Infants can go on any ride without a height requirement. And the only MK attractions with height requirements are Goofy's Barnstormer, Space, Splash, Big Thunder, and Stitch. (The Indy Speedway height requirement is only for riding alone.)

Yes, we are planning a naptime!!! And, yes, I realized I am being over-ambitious here! I realized I need to scale back a bit. Fantasyland is first day. Although I am planning it out I am doing it as a rough estimate of the rides I know my daughter wants to go on. One, to try to minimize the line and two, so we are not standing around wondering where we want to go next. I got the answers I needed, learning my time frame is off.

Please don't lecture me!:eek: I promise I am not going to be yelling at my family "WE HAVE TO THIS NOW!" but I am not a "let's totally wing it and have no plan at all" kind of person. Finding a happy medium for us:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter