Newark Airport - best/cheap hotel for one nite

cindermom

Mouseketeer
My 16 yo dd and I have decided to stay at a hotel airport when we land in Newark, since we get in fairly late. Any suggestions for a cheap hotel with airport shuttle service. I already have reservations at the Sheraton but I want to try to save my starwood points for a trip to DW next summer and it is about $160 per nite without free points. Free breakfast would be a nice bonus!
Thanks for any suggestions!:goodvibes

There is a Hampton Inn with shuttle service. Just keep in mind that area is 100% disgusting (and scary IMO)

You might want to check bidding for travel dot com-- reviews of hotels and bidding strategies for priceline- I haven't used it for EWR but have for lots of other places, very successfully.

Also try betterbidding.com to get something thru Hotwire. We were able to get a Wingate Inn (free breakfast) near MCO for only $49/nt. With betterbidding's help we knew it was a Wingate before buying which is great since HW is non-refundable.
good luck!

There is a Hampton Inn with shuttle service. Just keep in mind that area is 100% disgusting (and scary IMO)

Should I just stay at the Sheraton or is the whole area bad? I am planning on staying at a hotel with an airport shuttle and then reserving a shuttle service to take us into Times Square. Now I am a little concerned about staying in this area with my daughter. We will probably sleep and then leave early in the morning so it is not like we will be walking around outside. Is the area really that bad? is there any area that is better near the airport? Lots of questions....

Wellllllll, I'd stay at the Sheraton. :-) I wouldn't consider going off into the immediate surrounding area. That's just my opinion though.

Not really being sure of your time-line, my DH suggested if you were going into the city anyway, you could always stay somewhere near Times Square instead (Marriott for example). That wouldn't be any cheaper though ... but it would be great for seeing Times Square at night. You could check hotels.com to look for hotels that take your points plan, or for any specials.

HTH

The Sheraton on the Hudson is a very nice Sheraton with breaktaking views of the Hudson River and the NYC skyline. They have shuttle service from the airport and the 5 minute ferry to NYC. Location is very safe, clean, etc.

I have to disagree with the other poster about the Sheraton in NYC....having lived in NYC I would never suggest a Times Square hotel to anyone. Times Square I assume is a must see but in no way is it a must stay or spend much time. I was just there last week to see Grey Gardens and DH & I were just saying it is really a not nice place to be......

I highly recommend Country Inn and Suites by Carlson in Elizabeth, NJ with free shuttle service to P4 Airtrain station at Newark Airport. I believe from the Air Tram to train station it is a quick, easy and CHEAP train ride right into NY PENN station. See AIRTRAIN NEWARK for details.
Country Inn and Suites is a very nice hotel, consistantly rated #1 by tripadvisor.com readers for Newark Airport. We have left our car there several times in Park, sleep, and fly deal, never a problem. Nice free breakfast, too!

Have a fun trip!

Kim

I highly recommend Country Inn and Suites by Carlson in Elizabeth, NJ with free shuttle service to P4 Airtrain station at Newark Airport. I believe from the Air Tram to train station it is a quick, easy and CHEAP train ride right into NY PENN station. See AIRTRAIN NEWARK for details.
Country Inn and Suites is a very nice hotel, consistantly rated #1 by tripadvisor.com readers for Newark Airport. We have left our car there several times in Park, sleep, and fly deal, never a problem. Nice free breakfast, too!

Have a fun trip!

Kim
Elizabeth is just as scary as Newark.....I had a business meeting in Elizabeth and actually went through red lights so I didn't have to stop! IMO staying in Elizabeth is more nuts than the airport Sheraton.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter