New Yorkers Beware...Mickey is coming to town! June 17th, 2012 Canada Cruise

We arrive in NYC tomorrow so that we'll have plenty of time to explore before the cruise! One of our events is seeing Wicked Friday night! It's like two fabulous vacations in one - NYC and the cruise!!:cool1:

Agreed. We're doing 3 nights after the cruise and catching Mary Poppins and Peter and the Starcatchers.

Hard to believe it's almost here! WOOHOO! :cool1:

We arrive in NYC tomorrow so that we'll have plenty of time to explore before the cruise! One of our events is seeing Wicked Friday night! It's like two fabulous vacations in one - NYC and the cruise!!:cool1:[/QUOTE

Wicked is GREAT...you'll love it! Also a must stop is Toys R Us for the indoor ferris wheel and M & M world :thumbsup2

According to one of the stage actresses on board the Magic, we will get a midnight viewing, and Merida (the girl in the movie - might be misspelled) is only appearing as a character on the Magic as well!
YEAH!! I'm excited about that. I am not sure if we can stay up that late, but its worth a try. ;) We will be doing 2 shows on Saturday. Wicked at 2 and Mary Poppins at 8. We have seen both shows before, but my son has been requesting to see Wicked again so we we will be doing that for him and Mary Poppins for his sister. I am a sucker for a good musical so I will be in heaven. I agree that it will feel like 2 trips in one. So excited for it all. My kids do not know that any of this is happening and I might not tell them until we are headed down to NYC. Traveling pixie dust for everyone!!pixiedust:

YEAH!! I'm excited about that. I am not sure if we can stay up that late, but its worth a try. ;) We will be doing 2 shows on Saturday. Wicked at 2 and Mary Poppins at 8. We have seen both shows before, but my son has been requesting to see Wicked again so we we will be doing that for him and Mary Poppins for his sister. I am a sucker for a good musical so I will be in heaven. I agree that it will feel like 2 trips in one. So excited for it all. My kids do not know that any of this is happening and I might not tell them until we are headed down to NYC. Traveling pixie dust for everyone!!pixiedust:

What a great surprise!

Flying early tomorrow morning!:yay:
Got a TON to do still, and work called this morning wants me in for 3 hours this afternoon - i.e. you will be here.
DS has an acrobatics performance tonight.
But we'll be on that plane tomorrow, and at that dock on Sunday!
See you all there!:cheer2:

Flying early tomorrow morning!:yay:
Got a TON to do still, and work called this morning wants me in for 3 hours this afternoon - i.e. you will be here.
DS has an acrobatics performance tonight.
But we'll be on that plane tomorrow, and at that dock on Sunday!
See you all there!:cheer2:

Safe travels.

We'll be running around like crazy today as well. We don't fly out until Saturday, but we leave in the morning as my daughter is playing in the state softball tournament Friday night and if there are any games Saturday morning before our flight (and the team will finish without her Saturday afternoon and Sunday) so we basically have to be ready today as well.

I have almost everything packed. Have to pick up our formal night dresses from the cleaners today and our pirate costumes from my grandmother and then all the last minute stuff that you have to use up until the morning you leave.

Can't wait to meet everyone Sunday and see you all week!

We'll be leaving tomorrow morning. I'm hoping we get some last minute details from the people coming off the inaugural Canada cruise today. We'll see how much we can learn in one day!

Hope everyone travels safely!

We'll be leaving tomorrow morning. I'm hoping we get some last minute details from the people coming off the inaugural Canada cruise today. We'll see how much we can learn in one day!

Hope everyone travels safely!

We are catching the train in the morning as well! Hopefully, someone will get us some details soon!! Travel safe, everyone and see you on Sunday :yay:

Just saw this on the 6/10 thread - guess we will be changing this!

The Scenic Railway Tour was wretched. It was so bad and so many people complained that DCL refunded half the fee...It was overpriced at half the price.

It is basically a commercial for the Irving family and all the businesses they own.

The "scenic vistas" include graffiti and skate boarders under an overpass, a church "But you can't see it from here", a lengthy stop behind the Irving paper factory in hopes of seeing a dump truck unload wood chips "Oh,l guess we missed it". A stop over the bay while the tour guide told us about his friend who died in a gas station explosion, and many people hanging their laundry out to dry.

I guess DCL did not get a chance to preview this one. We and many others felt downright ripped off.​

Can someone help me locate the post that includes the spreadsheet for our fish extender list? Thanks.

Just saw this on the 6/10 thread - guess we will be changing this!

The Scenic Railway Tour was wretched. It was so bad and so many people complained that DCL refunded half the fee...It was overpriced at half the price.

It is basically a commercial for the Irving family and all the businesses they own.

The "scenic vistas" include graffiti and skate boarders under an overpass, a church "But you can't see it from here", a lengthy stop behind the Irving paper factory in hopes of seeing a dump truck unload wood chips "Oh,l guess we missed it". A stop over the bay while the tour guide told us about his friend who died in a gas station explosion, and many people hanging their laundry out to dry.

I guess DCL did not get a chance to preview this one. We and many others felt downright ripped off.​

I saw this too, and called DCL to try to cancel. They would not permit me to cancel because we are less than 3 days before sailing. I plan to go to the Port Excursions desk after boarding to see if they will let us cancel based upon the apparent difference between what was advertised and what it really is. If Disney was giving partial refunds after the tour on the cruise that just returned, they must be aware that there are problems with this tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter