New Yorkers Beware...Mickey is coming to town! June 17th, 2012 Canada Cruise

You're going to love LI MacArthur Airport....small, clean, and great friendly people there :) Are you staying on LI or heading right into Manhattan the day you arrive?

Going to Manhatten....we are staying at the YOTEL LOL:cool1:, a hipster cool hotel near times square...thought my son might like it. We have stayed at the POD before and he thought it was kinda cool. Plus they have free wifi and free muffins and coffee for breakfast and mapquest tells me that we are three minutes from the port, so 10 walking.....

I have a neice who lives in the city, will probabaly visit with her Saturday Evening.

Sooo excited!:cheer2:

Oh my gosh I leave for NYC in 5 days! I haven't started packing or anything! I guess I should probably get started on that, I can't believe it's almost here! :scared1:

I'm late to this thread - VERY late despite our booking the cruise on the 1st day or two of bookings!

Anyway...we're in NNJ - we're parking at NY Waterway in Weehawken, taking the ferry and walking the few blocks.

Specifically, I'm wondering if anyone is traveling with an 8-10 yo DS that doesn't have a built in companion of similar age for the kids club? Our 9yo DS is refusing to get into the kids area (and this is our 7th DCL!) and i'm sure if we were able to hook him up w/ a specific kid or two or three once on board it would make a HUGE difference!

So....anyone? We're on Deck 7 #7065. Can't wait to cruise out of NY! We JUST MISSED the Magic on the Hudson yesterday...we were at Liberty State Park...waiting and waiting...finally decided to drive up to Weehawken and JUST missed it by minutes....couldn't find concrete info of what time it would have been by LSP! Now we know....

Regards,
Laura

Hi Laura!
We are also on Deck 7 #7598. We have a 9yo DS as well. He loved the kids area on our last (and only other) cruise. He has already declared that he can't wait to go to the club and make some friends (which he hardly got to do last time because it was only a 3 day cruise and we were off the ship touring as much as we were on.) We also have a DD 15 so no built in playmate near his age. We are planning to make the meet scheduled for our group on the first day. Hopefully, we can make some introductions then or at some other point on the first night. Let me know what you think!
Also, wondering about what you said about parking at the NY Waterway. We have never been to the NYC area before so are really clueless! We are staying the night before at the Sheraton on the river in Weehawken. We are driving in June 16 from Ohio. Our plan was to drive to the port and park our car there. Do you think the NY Waterway is a better option? Can you leave your car there for that length of time? Do you know what parking rates are? Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Chris

Hi Laura!
We also have a DD 15 so no built in playmate near his age. We are planning to make the meet scheduled for our group on the first day. Hopefully, we can make some introductions then or at some other point on the first night. Let me know what you think!

We have 2 DD15s! Looks like quite a few teens in the cruise meet group so hope that some of them can get aquainted at the meet on the first day:cheer2:!

My daughter 11 will be excited to make friends as well. She doesn't do email or have a phone, but she does have a facebook account.

Also thought it would be neat to exchange some photos for those interested so we can start seeing what each other looks like (and recognize each other on the ship, maybe...lol)

So here we are last summer at WDW

Untitled.jpg

Anybody have experience parking at the terminal? I checked with DCL yesterday and it is $35 a day but that does include tax which had me worried. I'm still worried about getting a parking spot, etc. I'd rather not have any surprises on that day.:)

Good idea Kimberly! Love your photo (and t-shirt!)!
Here is a family pic of us last year, on a chilly March day, in Budapest on the way to visit my parents in NJ:

HermansInBudapest2011.jpg

From left to right (smaller person first) Nadav, Noa, Gabi, Laurie, Eden, Gideon.

And here is a recent picture of the 4 teens, at Nadav's 13th birthday/bar mitzvah celebration:

Kidsfriday.jpg

Yes, 15 year olds come in different sizes! And little brothers are always little brothers!

LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING SOON:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes!
Laurie

Myself, DS and Gooooofy! (I hope this works, havent posted a pic in a long time)

Can anyone see what the differences are among the Halifax Hop On Hop Off tours? There are three of them. I see that admission to two museums is included with two of them but I can't see any differences otherwise. Please advise! Thanks.

Can anyone see what the differences are among the Halifax Hop On Hop Off tours? There are three of them. I see that admission to two museums is included with two of them but I can't see any differences otherwise. Please advise! Thanks.

There actually seem to be four different HOHO excursions...the first one (the one we are taking), the Learn the Ropes one, includes admission to the Maritime Museum, a short tour of the museum, and an activity for the kids to do while the parents look around the museum.

The second one, Big Pink Sightseeing HOHO, only includes the bus ride itself, not admission to any attractions (and at $42 it's only $8 cheaper than the previous one, which doesn't really make sense to me).

The Essential Halifax with Big Pink Sightseeing HOHO is $52 and includes admission to the Maritime Museum and the Citadel.

The fourth bus tour, Family Fun with Big Pink Sightseeing HOHO is the most expensive ($56) and includes admission to two attractions, the Museum of Natural History and the Discovery Center.

So the real difference is in which attractions are included. None of them seem to include admission to more than 2 of the attractions.

Oh my gosh I leave for NYC in 5 days! I haven't started packing or anything! I guess I should probably get started on that, I can't believe it's almost here! :scared1:

Me too!!! I am so ready to be on vacation, but there is still a lot to be done. Since my DD is out of school for the summer maybe I can get her to start getting some stuff together. :rotfl2:

There is also one that includes a ride to "Peggys Cove" a light house and Fishing Village guided tour, and some local flavor, then you have the tickets to the HOHO for the rest of the day.

DS and I are taking that one, I like the combination of a guided tour and some on our own. and it is relatively inexpensive.:thumbsup2

There is also one that includes a ride to "Peggys Cove" a light house and Fishing Village guided tour, and some local flavor, then you have the tickets to the HOHO for the rest of the day.

Huh! I completely missed that one! But when we were looking at the separate Peggy's Cove excursion, we decided the girls would probably not be too excited by it. And I know they will like making something to take home on the other excursion. Plus, I was psyched that they let the parents have a little time to themselves in the museum :)

OK, I think today is the day I panic. We are taking my in-laws on their first cruise this time and I think that's what has me so nervous.

Just got an email from Dreams Unlmited and prepaid all my gratuities just now :thumbsup2 Sure makes life easy.....but I do have extra $$$$ put aside to tip for all the extra special service I'm sure we're gong to get :love:

I want to put together a little cheat sheet(s) for my in-laws to have in their cabin on the cruise. I'm going to add:
where to eat breakfast and lunch
where to get drinks
how to order room service (and menu if I can find a current one)

what else should I add? It's their first cruise.

'nother question--
Can we find out our dining rotation ahead of time?

Hi All:

Can you believe its only 11 days away. I thought i will never get here. I too like everyone on here about the parking situation. So if we get there at 11 are we allowed to park? Do you think there will be spots?

Also need some suggestion for excursion in New Brunswick??? Halifax we are doing the Whale watching but don't know about St. John.

Cant wait to see everyone on board. I have a 14 year old son that i am trying to convince that going to the teen club will be awesome. My six year old will be no problem except trying to get her out of there. LOL.

But anyway can't wait. As the pointer sisters sing, "Im so excited. And i just can't hide it."

Jennifer:wizard::disrocks:

Also need some suggestion for excursion in New Brunswick??? Halifax we are doing the Whale watching but don't know about St. John.
We didn't see any excursion that really fit what we wanted to do in Saint John, so we are renting a car and driving up to St. Martin and the Fundy Parkway.

Cant wait to see everyone on board. I have a 14 year old son that i am trying to convince that going to the teen club will be awesome. My six year old will be no problem except trying to get her out of there. LOL.

She will probably see my girls there (7 & 9). They spent much more time in the Club than the Lab on the Wonder, but they flowed from one to the other (and also in and out!) throughout the day. They are just hoping that they get a chance to swim. Even in Alaska, they were in the pool quite a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter