New York

Discussion in 'UK Community Board' started by dc1964, Feb 20, 2006.

1. dc1964

dc1964 DIS Veteran

I appreciate this is slightly off the theme of the Forum but I am going to New York prior to Orlando in april. we would like to eat in a restaurant that is high up in a skyscraper, with views of the city, I have looked at the Empire state and there is no restaurant, the same with the Rockefeller Centre. Can anyone give any suggestion or personal experiences.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. UKDEB

UKDEB <font color=CC33FF>Found the Tag Fairy's hangout<b Moderator

We've eaten on the 106th floor of the WTC, which was awesome, but obviously you can't do that anymore.

You could try the Rainbow Room which is on the 65th floor of the Rockefeller Centre.

4. Frances999

Frances999 DIS Veteran

"The View" in Times Square is a wonderful restaurant. It slowly revolves so you can admire the changing scenery of Times Square and the surrounding Theatre District. Whilst we found the service lacking a little on our last trip, the wine list is extensive and the food is excellent (the theme is contemporary american).

However, for a real dining treat you won't forget; visit The Boathouse at Central Park. It may not be a-top a skyscraper, but the food is incredible and the theming is wonderful. You can take a boat out on the lake before a light lunch, or have a nice stroll through the park before dinner. It's not too expensive either (compared to many other NY restaurants).

:wizard:

5. carolfoy

carolfoy <font color=cc6633>One has Ones hat and One's orf.

I'll second the Rainbow Rooms, I celebrated my 29th birthday there, and sat in the 'meg ryan' seat (used in the film sleepless in seattle) and it was lovely

6. AlanUK

AlanUK <font color=blue>UK Trip Planning & Trip Reports M

Just moving this over to the UK CB :)

7. jns

jns <font color=cc3366>Tries hard to get the jelly off

we done the world dinner cruise
    which was great
    just another idea