• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New York Terminal Info from June 10th Canada

DVCFAN

dvcfan
The terminal is the lenght of the ship. We got dropped off about 10:30 at pier 88. There were 3 ships in port at that time some people were getting picked up and some arriving. its like an airport dropoff taxis have priority there are people telling you where you can pull over but not park Know what pier you are leaving from . They take your bags from the curb and you will see them by your stateroom door about 4:30 We spent about 10 minstotal in lines waited in seat watching people get pictures taken with Statue of Liberty Minnie and mickey maybe waited 1 hour there. they give you a boarding number in line when called you can get on the ship. It goes fast you just walk on and they swipe your card to count you on the ship. ofcourse picture before boarding.
There were 2000 people on the cruise. It was well planned and if people have the paperwork out very swift process. I would think if a person got there at 1pm you could walk right on. We were eating at parrot Cay at 12:15 get into stateroom at 1:30 There

The terminal is the lenght of the ship. We got dropped off about 10:30 at pier 88. There were 3 ships in port at that time some people were getting picked up and some arriving. its like an airport dropoff taxis have priority there are people telling you where you can pull over but not park Know what pier you are leaving from . They take your bags from the curb and you will see them by your stateroom door about 4:30 We spent about 10 minstotal in lines waited in seat watching people get pictures taken with Statue of Liberty Minnie and mickey maybe waited 1 hour there. they give you a boarding number in line when called you can get on the ship. It goes fast you just walk on and they swipe your card to count you on the ship. ofcourse picture before boarding.
There were 2000 people on the cruise. It was well planned and if people have the paperwork out very swift process. I would think if a person got there at 1pm you could walk right on. We were eating at parrot Cay at 12:15 get into stateroom at 1:30 There

Thanks....Actually excited to hear there is Statue of Liberty Minnie and Mickey. Do they have a DCL photographer there for those pics?

got off 9:30 second seating for breakfast 8:30 picked up and on way home by 10. I wrote a thread on our departure so check that hope it helps as we WERE firts time cruisers

If you walk off, you could leave the ship at approximately 6:30am. But you have to carry all of your own luggage for this. Many people were leaving on their own just after 6:30am. Locals were probably home in time to go to work!

If you are having your luggage taken down, you are given a color-coded tag, and you disembark by groups. Green Tinkerbells were off about 7:45-8:15. Grey Daisy Duck was off about 8:15-8:45 or something like that. They call your group when it is time for you to disembark.

I do think there was a professional DCL photographer taking the Minnie/Mickey pictures prior to boarding, and again several times during the cruise. Minnie was dressed as the Statute of Liberty, and Mickey was in his red/white/blue.

It is Uncle sam mickey and Statu Minnie there is a dcl guy there but as with all the other photo ops of the charactors they will take picture eith your camers too

I do think there was a professional DCL photographer taking the Minnie/Mickey pictures prior to boarding, and again several times during the cruise. Minnie was dressed as the Statute of Liberty, and Mickey was in his red/white/blue.

Are the characters dressed like this at other times during the cruise or just in the NY port?

Are the characters dressed like this at other times during the cruise or just in the NY port?

I see that you are from Lancaster - we are in Hershey - taking this cruise in September - was curious how you are getting to the port?

They were at the port & that Sunday onboard, but they did not plan to bring them out again. People begged to bring them back out on the last night. The character manager finally succumbed to the begging from many many families. When the schedule showed Minnie or Mickey on the last night; it was actually BOTH of them each time & the lines were long.

I would NOT assume this will happen again w/o begging from large #s. I would plan on getting in line for them on the 1st night at least 30 minutes in advance. The lines got shut down by 15 min into the scheduled time when we tried to get Mickey the first night. It was such a great photo.

If you have any issues, ask to speak w/ the character manager.

I see that you are from Lancaster - we are in Hershey - taking this cruise in September - was curious how you are getting to the port?

We sail tomorrow. We are taking the Amtrak from Lancaster to Penn station. Then we are taking a cab from the station to the port. If it is something that I think my mom will be able to do, we will do this cruise again mid Sept. When are you sailing in Sept?

Vicki

They were at the port & that Sunday onboard, but they did not plan to bring them out again. People begged to bring them back out on the last night. The character manager finally succumbed to the begging from many many families. When the schedule showed Minnie or Mickey on the last night; it was actually BOTH of them each time & the lines were long.

I would NOT assume this will happen again w/o begging from large #s. I would plan on getting in line for them on the 1st night at least 30 minutes in advance. The lines got shut down by 15 min into the scheduled time when we tried to get Mickey the first night. It was such a great photo.

If you have any issues, ask to speak w/ the character manager.

We found the lines to be much shorter at locations other than the atrium, such as Preludes and mid 4th deck overlooking the atrium. The photo of my DM with Minnie dressed as the Statue of Liberty is priceless! Since AAA is offering a photo package for booking the cruise with them a lot more people may be getting in line for the photos.

We found the lines to be much shorter at locations other than the atrium, such as Preludes and mid 4th deck overlooking the atrium. The photo of my DM with Minnie dressed as the Statue of Liberty is priceless! Since AAA is offering a photo package for booking the cruise with them a lot more people may be getting in line for the photos.

Statue of Liberty Minnie & Uncle Sam Mickey were only available for photos in the atrium, unless you were lucky enough to find them at the port. It was so crowded at the port & we could not arrive early b/c we were using DCL transpo, so there was no time to wander. We got right on the ship after going through the lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter