New York Information

Karin037- We saw Beauty and the Beast on our last trip, for our 25th anniversary.
We're planning this trip for our 30th, and have tickets for: Lion King, The Producers, and Mamma Mia!!

We can't wait!!!!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Okay, listen up oh all-knowing and wise......

I have 2 show slots left for shows or sightseeing, and have been thinking of adding SOMETHING..... I'm just not sure what.

We just saw the movie 'CHICAGO', and DH is starting to think that he might want to see it on stage.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again for everything!!!!!!!!

Let's see.........Thoroughly Modern Millie was "thoroughly" enjoyable--a very fun, entertaining show and the lead (whose name escapes me right now) is awesome! I've heard that the Producers is very good. RENT is VERY good, but a little "racy" as far as topic, language,etc., but if you're not taking kids, it's fine. You may be able to get those tickets at the two-fers booth. Beauty & the Beast was great, but since you're already seeing one Disney show........... You really can't go wrong with just about any show. If you like something "different" , we recently took our teens to see Blue Man Group and had a total blast! I highly recommend this show. Have fun! NYC is the greatest city in the world.

It's just me and DH going..... we did this trip for our anniversary 5 years ago, and DH wanted to do a 'do-over' of that trip. We went to Beauty and the Beast for that trip.

I've heard some interesting things about 'Blue Man Group'- that just might be what I'm looking for.
Now to find out more about it!! And I'll keep "Thoroughly Modern Millie" in mind also!!

Thanks!

We went to see Caberat 2 weekends ago. It was fantastic. It is definately NOT for children (although we saw one woman bring in her 3 sons ages of about 8, 10 and 12) I don't know what she was thinking. This is NOT A SHOW FOR CHILDREN.

However, for adults it is really good. We had wonderful seats and of all people you would think to be the lead.... Doogee Houser MD (LOL)

Also, Debbie Gibson and Tom Bosley. They did such a wonderful job, and I don't know if you all know the story, but I got emotional at the end and even cried a bit.

Very well done. I can't say more about this show.

Hi Margaret-

Believe it or not, I've never seen Cabaret, just snippets of it here and there.
I'll have to do some more checking........ you're really keeping me on my toes!

...if they still run...this is a double decker tour bus....for 20.00 a day you can go all over and get off and on as needed...don't know if they still run thought...if they are its the best way to see the whole city and get to the places you want...

jlp651-

Thanks for the transportation information!! I'm still feverishly planning, but have so far gotton the airline tickets and the show tickets paid for.
All we have left is the hotel, souviniers and meals- and transportation around the city and to and from the airport.

This is getting exciting!!

*Flower*,
I just stayed over night at The Marriott Marque. It was a nice hotel, the room rate was $199.00. The room was a nice size, it had two chairs and an ottoman, a desk with a chair, a dresser that also had the TV and honor bar, and a coffee maker.
My friend and I ate at the restaurant there called The View. The food was fantastic! The restaurant rotates so you have a great veiw of the city. It is expensive, but I thought well worth it, definitly nice for a special dinner (or lunch).

crazyme5kids-

Thanks for the information! I'm checking out their website right now thanks to you. (BTW, my DS has 5 kids also.)

The rooftop restaurant looks great, in fact- with all of this information we just might have to plan another trip! We'll have to keep the Marriot Marquis in mind for a place to stay, too!!

Keep me in mind if you come up with any other information!!:D

Glad to give you some info! By the way, when I checked in they also gave me a coupon that gives you 20% off for The View (only food, not drinks).
If you stay there, make sure you become a Marriott Member (if you aren't already), their reward program is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter