New York /Concierge Collection questions

mistyron

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a surprise anniversary trip to Manhattan in July for 4 nights. We plan on staying in midtown. I realize that most feel that booking hotels with cash instead of using points is more cost effective. I need some fun ideas of what to do while we are there. We plan on going to a few shows. All input appreciated.

There's so much to do while in the city. Shows are a really great idea. It depends on what your interests are. I have heard that "The Producers" is supposed to be fantastic.

I think the best thing about the city is the amazing selection of outstanding restaurants. Look online for a restaurant guide and pick a few that sound good. (However, do be prepared to spend a lot more in NYC eating than you would anywhere else.)

If shopping is your thing, you won't be at a loss in the midtown area. Sometimes it's best just to stroll around and see what turns up.

On my last visit to the city we visited the United Nations, which I really found to be fascinating. Take a full tour if you can. They leave about every 1/2 hour.

You could visit Madame Toussads wax museum in midtown. There's always the Empire State Buidling.

If in the area for a show, try eating at the very top of the Marriott Marquis hotel. I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but it is a 360 degree revolving restaurant giving you amazing views of the city.

To get an overview of the city take the double decker bus tour. There are 2 basic routes up town and downtown. You can get on and off all day long. Most of the tour guides are pretty knowledgeable about the city. You can get a 2 day ticket that includes the Circle Line (boat trip around Manhattan).
Shows, museums, tours tons of things to do. How about a tour of Radio City Music Hall? See the stage, discuss the decor, meet a Rockette.
Tour NBC studios, Riverside Church, the UN, etc. Shows-on or off Broadway, concerts, music from opera and classical to pop and rock and everything inbetween.
What interests you? I'll bet that there is a museum dedicated to it in NYC! Police Museum, Fire Museum, transit Museum, South Street Seaport Museum, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Museum of Modern Art, American Museum of Natural History, Museum of the City of NY, etc.

www.nycvisit.com -website for NY & Company the convention & visitors bureau. They have a great site with links and a great office near Times Square.
www.broadway.com Broadway shows.
www.nystarlight.com Broadway and other shows
www.newyorksightseeing.com Grayline bus tours including the double decker buses.
www.timessquarebid.org The Times Square Business Improvement District aka Times Square Alliance They have a good information center in Times Square.

As for restaurants and eating one of my friends from California calls the menu prices in NY "Theme Park Prices". (You know the prices we pay at WDW for food.) But you can eat less expensively and well if you stay away from hotels and big name places.
What ever interests you have, you can find it in NYC. :wave2:
Feel free to email or PM me for more info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter